LegacyGT.com

Legacy 2.5i Wagon Ram Air Intake (Weapon-R)

I have a 2006 Legacy Wagon with the 2.5i N/A motor in it and was wondering if anyone has installed this air intake before? I'm looking to reduce throttle lag and for pure sound/aesthetics. I could careless about HP/TQ gains as I know it will be minimal. Here is the link

http://www.weapon-r.com/index.php?act=view_product&id=402

would love to hear why

You won't lag more you will cause more problems than its worth. Why? The MAF voltage (MAFv) spikes uncontrollably and you ECU throws CELs Asa result in addition to running lean along the dangerous limits. As with the turbo Subarus the stock intake is the best I take!

If you want a slight upgrade try the hybrid approach by replacing the accordion tubing between the stock air box and the stock torque box. Any thing more on a pull through MAF will cause problems.

I don't think there is a problem with the nA motor.

Yes, yes there is a problem it's been tested and attempted to be fixed with no positive results. If you have a pre 06 NA with a MAP sensor that or any intake will be fine. Our MAFs and ecu don't like them.

I've had the spiking issues even when i swapped out my air filter to a K&N panel filter and removed the air baffle box thats underneath the airbox near the wheel well. A simple ECU reset by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and driving the car for a short period after was enough to get rid of the CEL and to recalibrate the ECU. I'm thinking of doing the samething with this air intake. Normally, a lot of manufacturers don't make anything for the NA motors so most of the intakes on the forums are one's that people have made themselves. This is the first air intake i'm seeing directly from a manufacturer specifically designed for the 2.5i NA engine.

Watch this and I think this will help your decision.

Excellent information. Certainly makes you go hmmmm regarding spending a lot more money for fancy parts that really don't make a difference. I have a Perrin Short Ram intake on my LGT and I have seriously considered removing it for the stock airbox and you've pretty much verified my own thoughts.

Thanks for this post.

Excellent information. Certainly makes you go hmmmm regarding spending a lot more money for fancy parts that really don't make a difference. I have a Perrin Short Ram intake on my LGT and I have seriously considered removing it for the stock airbox and you've pretty much verified my own thoughts.

Thanks for this post.

I've always felt this way. Specifically without it becoming a true cold air intake, and thus risking water problems later; very few short rams actually improve. I always thought it was just heat related; maybe it's something more.

I might ditch my K&N on the subi. It's seen 55K on my S2000 without issue. Not the same filter of course. Ha!

Archived