LegacyGT.com

Anyone stroked? 2.6 or 2.7

From what ive seen around the forum no one has really chosen to go this route....question is WHY NOT?

I know most go for a stage 3setup with upgraded internals to support a larger turbo along with supporting fuel system, but most dont shoot for 400+hp

Of course the stroker kits come at a cost but what do you see as positives or negatives for it?

Positives i see are potential for more low end torque and lower compression

Negatives i see...$$$$

Not only seeing this for myself but also a friends built pl block on his 09sti, he needs a new crank and pistons so i thought i hear input and plus im curious too since mine is going under the knife too

ya most ppl go for the closed deck route if they are looking to go for high boost applications. as we all know the lgt isnt realy the best racecar platform to pick and thats an awful lot to spend if it isnt a dedicated track car. but would love to see it!

Good point. I dont think the cost is really worth it at this point but thought it was worth it to ask since id seen it hadnt been talked about much.

For 75% dd status the cost for 3~5grand isnt necessary....maybe for bragging rights but thats about it

Archived