LegacyGT.com

07 Legacy 2.5i Na complete exhaust questions?

I kicked a Cat 420 code. I replaced the bank 1 o2 last year and it got me by. i just kicked it again on the way home from work. I need to replace my cat/manifold however the dealership wants 1200 for it. I would rather just put on an aftermarket high flow cat and header setup however i cant find one? Do any of you know of any? I was also thinking i could use the exhaust header off a 05 2.5i and high flow cat and do a cat back exhaust but then i would have to drill and mount spots for the o2 sensors which means i would most likely have to get a tune as well and maybe delete the o2s out. i am really stuck here would love all inputs thanks

There's a TON of stuff on ebay for 2.5i regarding exhaust. Simply search "2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Exhaust system" and there are headers, cats, crossover pipes, axle back systems, EVERYTHING you would need to put a complete system together and they'll already have your O2 bungs in them.

The 05 is a downgrade the stock 06+ EL manifold flows better than any 05 Stock of aftermarket option you may spend money on, forget that idea. There are reasons the 05 wont work, it isnt the same clearance from the heads as the 06+ so it will melt your steering lines, the stock location O2 sensors wont reach and youll have to reroute your exhaust (CBE) to mate to it. Your ECU will throw the same P0420 code constantly as the cat will operate at a cooler temp than it is programmed to like due to being farther away from the exhaust ports.

You would cause yourself more headache, to put it simply, trust me I wrote dozens of threads about this issue. Second, your cat is rated to last as long as your car when mine failed Subaru replaced it free of charge, if the dealer is rejecting your claim go to another more competent dealer have them check it out and replace it.

This same failure happened to me around 90K miles I thought I was screwed.

IF they feed you BS go over to NASIOC or RS25.com and search for "Stock 2.5i header" youll be able to pick one up for under $250, bolt it on and go about life as normal or until you want a Rallisport header:)

Archived