LegacyGT.com

Rebuild or Buy new - Calipers

Its bin 140k and its time to replace the Brakes and Rotors with stop tech. But should I replace the calipers with new or rebuild them. I would love to buy the Stop tech big brake kit but I'm not that rich. If you have any Ideas were I can get something close to stop tech but and reasonable price please leave some info thanks..

Just rebuild the stock with two new seals and dust boots. Throw in new pads ( I like the hawk Hps but their aggressive for dd)new centric rotors, stainless lines and a fresh bleed with motul. Be like night and day.

Or if you can swing it. I love my brembos with the sti master cylinder swap. Be about 4x the setup listed above though.

Ditto.

Also why do you need to rebuild them ? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If you have the time and know how to DIY go ahead if you want.

My wagons have never been touched the brakes work great.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Centric semi-loaded OE Replacements are of truly excellent quality, have a very attractive zinc dichromate finish, work great, and are not terribly expensive. You will have a core charge but once you return your OE calipers, they will return the core cost to you.

Archived