LegacyGT.com

Stumble at cruise only

Found good info if anyone is needing direction on how to troubleshoot

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1184045&postcount=25

datalog OL/CL status, throttle position, MAF and AFR. When the OL/CL status is 8 and the throttle position is constant and MAF is constant then the AFR should read 14.5+-0.5. If it oscillates wildly then it is bad.

ol = open loop

cl = closed loop

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kzr750r1, I'm glad that you found the problem with your car but mine most definitely isn't the transmission. I don't have any slipping, torque converter shudder or other trans issues.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

I've been having the same issue with cruise. Today getting on to expressway the car completely bogged for a second but never died. It's 4 degrees here this morning. Like was previously mentioned, I think I will change my BOV and see what happens. I have no boost gauge or data logs, just a huntch.

My saga continues. Basically everything I have checked on the car, checks out. Not an oxygen sensor issue, all the parameters are within the norm, car drives fine, acts fine, rock solid cruise, hits target boost quick, etc etc. Absolutely no symptoms of an issue except that cruise stutters.

My saga continues. Basically everything I have checked on the car, checks out. Not an oxygen sensor issue, all the parameters are within the norm, car drives fine, acts fine, rock solid cruise, hits target boost quick, etc etc. Absolutely no symptoms of an issue except that cruise stutters.

Same.

Hey man, hopefully this info is helpful. I got my car back from the dealer last night. They replaced intake gaskets, a fuel rail and the rubber fuel hoses. Now the stumble at cruise is completely gone. I don't know why those things would only be apparent at cruise, but they werewith my car. I thought I'd share.

Hey man, hopefully this info is helpful. I got my car back from the dealer last night. They replaced intake gaskets, a fuel rail and the rubber fuel hoses. Now the stumble at cruise is completely gone. I don't know why those things would only be apparent at cruise, but they werewith my car. I thought I'd share.

How much did this roughly run from the stealership btw? My problem continues but is far more intermittent with a lot fewer times when the engine actually dies.

Totally disappointed with the Legacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice can you report back in a few weeks?

I wonder what the connect is?

How much did this roughly run from the stealership btw? My problem continues but is far more intermittent with a lot fewer times when the engine actually dies.

Totally disappointed with the Legacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was no charge. Just got this one 2 weeks ago.

Did you replace the PCV or just clean it? It's cheap enough that it doesn't make sense to clean it.

That, and springs lose their vigor after they've been heated and cooled enough times so it won't act as directly as a new one would.

Mine sure behaves differently since I put the new PCV in. :eek:

im in for info on this as well. i have a 5mt and similar problem. i notice it even when not in cruise. its very sporadic (sp?) when it does it day to day but it is always right around 2700-3100rpm which seems to be the ideal cruise rpm and crossover point from vac-boost.

i got my car not long ago but have any of you that have been in yours for a few years noticed if this is a seasonal problem? as im seeing it my car has been acting up more as the temps go down.

Sounds like a few of us are having this exact issue, myself included.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Did you replace the PCV or just clean it? It's cheap enough that it doesn't make sense to clean it.

That, and springs lose their vigor after they've been heated and cooled enough times so it won't act as directly as a new one would.

Mine sure behaves differently since I put the new PCV in. :eek:

I put a whole new PCV assembly in along with a solid list of thing. No change.

Now something that has crossed my mind.....

I haven't heard anyone report fuel pressure when troubleshooting.

I'm thinking about bypassing the 3 speed pump function for a few days to see if this makes any difference. I will do it soon and report back.

I put a whole new PCV assembly in along with a solid list of thing. No change.

Now something that has crossed my mind.....

I haven't heard anyone report fuel pressure when troubleshooting.

I'm thinking about bypassing the 3 speed pump function for a few days to see if this makes any difference. I will do it soon and report back.

This is where I was headed till discovering the transmission was falling on it's face. Let us know how it goes.

I have a nice fuel pressure gauge that I have been dragging my butt on installing. I'll either get this installed or get the fuel pump module thing bypassed so it's full power all the time and report my findings soon.

If I may chime in, I don't have an automatic, but I am having a stumble with knock and timing pull, as discussed on this thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/low-rpm-stumble-no-power-219903.html?p=4711721#post4711721. Might this be related to the extremely cold weather we recieved starting a few weeks ago?

Have you ever changed the intake manifold to TGV or throttle body gasket(s)? All of these have an updated part that seals much better. The cold shrinks the old ones more and youll see some of your symptoms there.

I've got the new ones, but have yet to install because I cannot find any vacuum leaks, but they are still an option for me. I was referring to the odd coincidence that everyone in a cold part of the US seems to be having this problem all within a couple weeks of each other.

I have replaced all the gaskets you have listed as well as smoke checked for leaks.

Fuel pressure ruled out.

Newly installed gauge. Cruising on highway, fuel press is never lower than 40psi at cruise. Doesn't fluctuate at all when it starts stumbling.

Boost gauge being installed soon.

have you thoroughly inspected your turbo inlet? as i stated i have been having pretty much identical problems and found the other day that i had a small tear in my inlet right at the turbo. ordered a new one and went to replace it and found that it was not even clamped down on the turbo, oil impregnated and soft as could be, and the tear that i could see!!!!

how my car was running at all is a mystery to me, but im hoping that now it will run a good bit better. lol.

Archived