LegacyGT.com

06 LGT Engine clicking or ticking noise

Hey guys, i've been looking around the internet and i've heard that engine ticking noises are common with Subarus but none of the videos I've watched have sounded like the noise my car has been making since yesterday. I recorded two videos, one just after starting the car, and a second after i warmed it up. Any help or suggestions as to what it is or if this sound is normal would be appreciated.

engine cold

engine warm

doesn't sound good to me. I'd have it flat bedded to the nearest shop. wouldn't drive it.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Agree, have it flat bedded to a local repair shop.

That doesn't sound good.

I'm guessing it's something in the valve train on the drivers side.

Good Luck

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 8 months later...
He didn't post the results of his research on here, but if you look at Video number 2 in the comments on youtube, he states that the issue was a piece of metal hitting his flywheel, he bent it back and corrected the issue.

That piece of metal being the guard under the engine -- little brass piece that covers the bottom of the engine?

Archived