LegacyGT.com

Grinding noise on right turns

I have a 2005 OBXT. I have a noise in the right rear when I go around low-speed right-hand corners (intersections, mostly). It's from the right rear wheel, and sounds like grinding brakes, but the brake pads and rotors are pretty new, so that's not it.

Anybody got any ideas what that could be? I haven't had a chance to take the wheel off and look, but I'm ordering new front bushings so if I need something obvious I'd like to order it now and do the whole package at once.

Could be a stone got between the rotor and the backing plate, happens every now and then.

Happened to me when driving on the highway to the dyno. I got off the get a drink and heard this grinding, scared the crap out of me. I thought, now what...stupid stone.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Oh, I forgot to mention:

All the brakes grind when I use them the first 5-10 times after the car has sat for a while (which is pretty frequently in the spring/summer/fall), but then they all stop. Except the right rear around the corners, which just takes a lot longer to stop. I've been driving the OB for a week or so now that it's cold out, and the noise is pretty much gone.

Archived