LegacyGT.com

2008 Legacy 2.5i

jclthei

Looking at an 08 Legacy 2.5i with less then 40k, 5spd manual, and the seller is asking $15k. Is there anything that I should look at specifically when I test drive? I'm a backyard mechanic and know the normal/general things to look at but when it comes to a Subaru, I don't know of anything that would fail. I've always like the GT version, but this Legacy is non-turbo'd version. If I purchase this Subie, how hard is it to turbo charge?

15k seems awfully expensive for a 6 year old car. You can buy a new '14 2.5i 6mt for about $19k.

If you want a turbo buy a turbo. You will spend more money turboing a 2.5i and it still won't be as fast.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into a newer model versus spending the money on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would not pay $15K for an 08 2.5i our cars simply DONT hold value once they drive off the lot. Mileage shouldnt be your limiting factor with the no turbo side of Subaru I would look more to the condition of the body/interior etc. Outside of regular oil changes our a 2.5i will run for a looooooong time :) If you must have a low a mileage look elsewhere or look at some in the 75-100K mile range for a good price.

Gee-Otto:

Thanks for the reply and heads up.

I saw this car and love the way it feels. I've always wanted the turbo version but thought about buying this one and just turbo charging it. When I saw that it would cost not then buying a factory turbo'd version and that the price is too high, I started looking for the turbo version. Found a few in my area just have to go inspect and test drive.

Gee-Otto:

Thanks for the reply and heads up.

I saw this car and love the way it feels. I've always wanted the turbo version but thought about buying this one and just turbo charging it. When I saw that it would cost not then buying a factory turbo'd version and that the price is too high, I started looking for the turbo version. Found a few in my area just have to go inspect and test drive.

Smart Move, if you are going to make a car payment might as well be for a car you love :) Good luck on the search, ive been searching for about 5 months now(for a LGT) no luck but some really high candidates:)

Archived