LegacyGT.com

STi steering rack

Axles control arms and knuckles should be fine. the inner and outer tie rods will most likely be a different length. I looked at the rack itself today and they look identical. I have a legacy GT rack that I can compare if some one gets me the Sti measurements

Thats what I meant. The tie rods will have to be changed for sure.

The u joint can be swapped over if the connection are the same size so that is not a big deal. this swap i see three main components needed steering rack and maybe inner tie rod ends. Becuase of how Subaru builds their cars and their designs. i think the rack may swap in. but we have to wait for measurements.

• 2 weeks later...

I just acquired a 2008- STI rack. Let me know what measurements would be most helpful.

Some quick numbers I took...

Overall Length (from center of each tie rod)...57"

Mounting Bolt Spacing (enter to center)...3.5"

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

• 9 months later...

I'm running an 05 STi rack (and crossmember) in my 05 Baja. It was a bolt-in affair, didn't have to change tie rods. There's a good 3" of adjustment on the factory tie rods.

Can't speak for the later stuff but I had 3 different platforms of crossmember laid out and photo'd a while back.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/study-turbo-crossmembers-and-steering-racks-221606.html?t=221606&highlight=crossmember+study

I'm running an 05 STi rack (and crossmember) in my 05 Baja. It was a bolt-in affair, didn't have to change tie rods. There's a good 3" of adjustment on the factory tie rods.

Can't speak for the later stuff but I had 3 different platforms of crossmember laid out and photo'd a while back.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/study-turbo-crossmembers-and-steering-racks-221606.html?t=221606&highlight=crossmember+study

How does it feel?

so can someone lay all these snakes out straight for me?

we're talking smaller turn radius and more "resolution" in the steering for better control? and the reason the low mount turbo crossmembers wouldn't work is because the clearance for an uppipe?

and unless we wanted to use washers for spacers, we should get non-sti racks (lgt?). and I got lost on the joints between rack and column...

a post about why and which would be cool. :)

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

The steering ratio is changed that is it. it takes less turns to make the tire turn left or right. This means you get more feedback in the steering.

STI's have more bushing area and larger lower control arms. so the the subframe is built to accommodate it.

You can swap over to the subframe and lower control arm but u would need an alignment or to modify the control arm about a quarter inch shorter, and you would still want an alignment.

• 1 month later...

Archived