LegacyGT.com

Trunk Vents

Actually you should clean them, rather than seal them. Sometimes they get dirty and don't seal, letting exterior gasses into the cabin. They are supposed to only let air out of the interior, not let it in and to keep positive ventilation in the cabin to protect the passengers from exhaust leaks and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Actually you should clean them, rather than seal them. Sometimes they get dirty and don't seal, letting exterior gasses into the cabin. They are supposed to only let air out of the interior, not let it in and to keep positive ventilation in the cabin to protect the passengers from exhaust leaks and carbon monoxide poisoning.

I always have my cabin fan running :)

FYI I checked the rubber flappies and they flapped just fine. I noticed it while stopped with a tail wind. Guess they open up.

I started a thread on blocking those off. I had severe fumes, even with the car stock, whenever I drove it hard and the windows were open......moving of course. Seal them up with some roofing ice barrier from you local home depot.

Seal them up.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/relief-catless-dp-stench-finally-121365.html?t=121365

I started a thread on blocking those off. I had severe fumes, even with the car stock, whenever I drove it hard and the windows were open......moving of course. Seal them up with some roofing ice barrier from you local home depot.

Seal them up.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/relief-catless-dp-stench-finally-121365.html?t=121365

Oddly I couldn't find in google. Thanks for the link.

I also suspected on some cars that this cause C02 to come into the cabin. If without a cat you could smell it the smell was probably masked with a cabin. My 3 yearold will thank me later in life. :)

Drive home last night and it was perfectly normal.

Archived