LegacyGT.com

5th GEN

379 post...you must be new...

Back about 2010 there were a lot of post about this.

Some of us didn't and still don't care for the body style.

I will agree, about the only upgrade is size.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Not new Max Factor..but just wanted some feedback performance wise. I've been toying with the idea..also not a fan of the body style. On to search the forum somemore...

Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow, I fear no man because Faith is my arrow.

Car and driver reviewed it. While I don't always agree with their insights for the Subi's they've been spot on with my experience.

Long term review of the 4th gen:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2005-subaru-legacy-25gt-limited-long-term-road-test

First drive review of the 5th gen:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2011-subaru-legacy-25gt-limited-first-drive-review

I just can't get over the looks. I don't find them ugly, like I used to, but the 4th gen just looks so good. If I were replacing my car, I'd probably try to find a low mileage '09.

Nah.. personally I think the 05-07 model is the best looking design. I bought my car second hand and I've put quite a bit of money into it. I still am making payments so I often wonder if it'll be prudent to trade/sell and get newer version 5th gen. (which I'm not really a huge fan of). That, of course, is contingent upon me being able to keep the payments the same.

Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow, I fear no man because Faith is my arrow.

Archived