LegacyGT.com

Did the 2005 cars have lots of problems?

valve cover gaskets leak,not a major job tho

rear wheel bearings can go,tho mine are good so far and im at 78k

careful with oil consumption ,try a heavier oil like rotella t6 5w40

replace crappy stock top mount?

gut the cats out of the up/dwnpipes ?

humm ive replaced , both front axle,s , rotors and brakes all around , went from duel mass to single mass fw , stage 3 clutch, intercooler.. had a bad injector on cyl 3, did a sti up pipe..

plus mods ... i wont go on lol

no to mention . flushed and replaced brake fluid and coolant , diff and gear oil ... list goes on im sure . but i wouldnt trade the car for nothing love it to death ,...

im the second owner and she has 58k miles now bought it with 52k over a yr ago ..

all cars have the problems

just depends if you think its worth fixing them or ditching the car really

as she sits now

CAM00014-1.thumb.jpg.5e480c133b2ab55593fe4928d58bf148.jpg

84k on mine, replaced the wastegate actuator 6 months ago and SOA paid for my rear wheel bearing's, other than that, 4 rotor's and brake pads at 63K just because. Pull the turbo banjo bolt, replace the OEM UP with a catless, get a stage1 tune ( the car seems to like it and so do I) and enjoy. If you can't, you've got 73k it should sell fast. Go buy another Honda. My wife's 1st year 2001 Acura MDX with 155k has been amazing to date.

By the way depending when your car was built, your 105 month timing belt change should have passed or be upcoming, mine will be done in the spring. More money into yes, but what else can you buy that performs like our cars for the money? GL :)

I bought my 05 wagon last November with 122k.

Proir to me, it had the timing belt and all the associated stuff for that, and a full brake job w/ new rotors.

I think it's had wheels bearings as well.

So far, I've done VCGs and just finishd replacing the turbo.

My driver side window switch sticks.

I get exhaust fumes in the cabin, not fuel.

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

only thing my MY2005 is guilty of is unusually high smiles-per-mile. every car has their list of known problems (and usually known solutions).
BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

Archived