LegacyGT.com

the seatbelt chime

Question, I disconnected my driver side plug that activates the chimer, so no more drivers side chimer but the passenger side still does. since the driver side is not connected, the click/unclick trick wont work. can you still do it on the passenger front seat or the function has to be activated from the drivers seat only??

Wear the damn belt if you have any family or friends, if not, leave it off, no one will care if you're dead or a veggie! The chime is very annoying I finally got the 20 click method to work, not sure why it took me so many attempts to get it done though. Be safe and click it :).

I wear my seatbelt just about any time I drive (no flaming here, it is just my habit). However in parking lots or on super short drives I don't always throw it on and that chime is incessant.

I disabled mine by just unplugging the connector (2 pin, not an yellow srs connector) for it and it makes no impact on SRS. Bonus is that I don't have to re fix my chime disable if my battery goes dead. :rolleyes:

^ this...

^ i did that but still get chime if i put my school bag on the seat or if my dog sits there.

apparently there is the diode speaker under the steering column u can simply unplug

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Archived