LegacyGT.com

A/f Learning

Bassman81

I am relatively new to the world of tuning so I figure I'd get some input from people that have more experience with this. So here goes.

I have a 2005 Legacy GT with a freshly rebuilt engine...long story. During the rebuild I went ahead and went Stage 2 with a CNT catted DP and an Invidia UP as well as an accessport V2.

After a few weeks during the break in period I realized that I had a vacuum leak and that was immediately fixed by the nice folks at All Aspects Motorsports and it fixed the A/F Learning 1 A from 25.0% to -1.2% which is in normal operating range. However, it seems that my 1C is now at around -5.5%, which is borderline, and 1D is around 7.3% which is outside of the approved limits. Any ideas what this could be?

I would really keep an eye on the fuel you are using. Every station seems to be a bit different and alcohol content may vary as well. Fuel mixture/octane differences seem to effect my fuel trims from what I have observed.

I have seen the same thing. Different stations can cause greatly different AF trims. For example, I recently filled up with gas from one station and my 1A trim was at 5.5, my 1C was upwards of 9.1 and I was seeing greatly reduced performance and knock. I was convinced I had a boost leak or something was wrong. I ran the tank out and filled it from another station and everything changed and was tight around zero again. The difference was incredible.

Archived