LegacyGT.com

First to try to mod a new Legacy?

Tires here. Well, if we take delivery with different tires as can't compare to RE92's having not driven them, does that still count? :mrgreen: Toyo Proxes 4 in stock size. Still green, I love them, like riding on rails!

Well wait till u get the green off them too, they will hang in like nothing else. It will also be interesting to see if plenty of heat in them will add or detract grip? I had a set of Toyo's on a Corolla I had years ago and they suited that car very well. My current Potenza RE030's are a great tyre both in the wet and dry but if they dont have plenty of heat in them, Im all over the place. Do you think the 17" rims are enough or would u go bigger? NZDM come in stock 18" would you believe :o

Hi, I think the 17" tyres are just fine on the car. The cornering ability is unlikely to get much better as the profile of the OE tyres is quite low. The only reason I would go to 18" would be for looks. As of yet I havent had a problem with the OR tyres on the OZ GT, but will probablt get proxes as my next set of tyres.

I've heard people saying they are going to try the Pirelli Nero M+S's--anybody actually try these yet than can comment on how they are vs the stock re92's? Personally I didn't try too many all seasons that were all that superior to the re92's on the wrx--had to go to performance summers to see a big difference. Dunlop SP Sport 5000's had MUCH better snow traction, and better ultimate grip, but somewhat slow steering response. am wondering about the KDWS's and the Pirelli's...

I added the MOMO shif knob. And, after two 90 degree plus days I returned it to the dealer. I was tired if FRYING my hand after the car sat in the sun :x :x I just ordered the all leather version of the MOMO knob from sounddomain.com.

Nice tire choices everyone! I will be using 225/45/17 Falken Azenis Tires on the stock rims and I also have a set of 18"x7.5" R-1 Racing rims that I will be either be adding a set of 255/40/18 tires of either Toyo Proxes4 or the T1-S (for weight savings and summer driving). I've been told some of the impreza parts works with the car.. if that's the case, i will be transplanting a few things from my WRX to the New Legacy, which one of them will be the Short Shifter Adapter by Perrin. I also have a Momo Shot Silver Carbon Fiber Shift Knob, so I dont burn my hands on it and it would match the silver accent trim as well. I will also have a set of Momo Pedals as well (I love to heel and toe a lot). Hopefully a set of upgraded rotors will be on the car if I can get [url]www.racingbrake.com[/url] to get me a set of them for my car. I had them on the WRX, and I love how well they perform. I just need to send the specs to them to make the rotors for me. It's always good to know you can stop hard for emergencies. Carbotech Brake Pads will also be part of my upgrade. I'll let everyone know the out come of the parts once I get them on. I'll pass on the info to you all about the parts and part numbers. Keefe
Keefe

B4_Maniac, I got the Toyo Proxes 4's in 215/45R-17, stock size. The load rating is 4 points higher than stock I believe (stock is 87W?), they are just awesome in comparison to anything I've had on past cars and they're still green. I'd recommend them to anyone. Maybe Tarmac II's in Bronze (17 or 18", yet to decide) next spring/summer. Reason for 18" would be if I'd be putting Toyo RA-1's on for AutoX. Too bad those Toyo's aren't available in stock size of 225/45. :( And I've got plenty of little things here and there on the ideas list and we'll see if they're viable once I fully break the car in and hit a few autoX's to full test the car. (Don't want to really do more than 2 AutoX's and heat cycle the tires too much before winter.)

For anyone thinking about the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S... I replaced the stock RE070s on my STi with them as last winter approached, hoping to retain a high degree of performance while also being able to drive on light snow. The Pirellis, despite having the "&S" rating, were absolutely useless in any amount of snow, even a dusting. They were very good on dry pavement, fine in rain, but suicidal on frozen or snow-covered roads - the worst "snow-rated" tire I've ever used in 26 years of driving. I consider them a "three-season" rather than an all-season tire. Hope this info helps, kenzo

Replaced the stock tires with Bridgestone S03's. Car is much more solid in corners, braking performance has gone way up. Ride a little harsher over square edged bumps. Steering is heavier. Will put 4 snows on this winter on a new set of rims. Any suggestions? Bob.

kenzo, now I know someone that used the Pirelli's in the winter and had pretty decent results, that being in the Chicagoland area. I dunno. *shrug* I am interested in seeing how the Proxes 4's do this winter. Talked to a couple people in the mountain regions with them and they said they did alright if you need to return home in a snow storm. I don't intend them to perform like a real snow tire, so I think I know what I'm getting. B4_Maniac, I don't think I'll have any problems with warranty stuff per AutoXing. Just have it broken in of course and take it easy working up your level. That's my plan. Prettymuch everyone knows my intentions of the car, yes, including the service dept guys at the dealership that think it's sorta cool. Just be forthcoming and tell the truth when they ask. They generally won't ask too many questions then. I really don't forsee any problems.

[quote name='kenzo']For anyone thinking about the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S... I replaced the stock RE070s on my STi with them as last winter approached, hoping to retain a high degree of performance while also being able to drive on light snow. The Pirellis, despite having the "&S" rating, were absolutely useless in any amount of snow, even a dusting. They were very good on dry pavement, fine in rain, but suicidal on frozen or snow-covered roads - the worst "snow-rated" tire I've ever used in 26 years of driving. I consider them a "three-season" rather than an all-season tire. [/quote] Hmmm, looking at the tread pattern this is sort of what I was suspicious might be the case. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Xenonk']Nice tire choices everyone! I will be using 225/45/17 Falken Azenis Tires on the stock rims and I also have a set of 18"x7.5" R-1 Racing rims that I will be either be adding a set of 255/40/18 tires of either Toyo Proxes4 or the T1-S (for weight savings and summer driving). Keefe[/quote] Please tell me how that works for you because I too was considing putting the Azenis 225's from my old car on the stock rims. I am SUPER interested in doing that as I'm having a hard time justifying putting new rubber on in 17" size.

I have a list of mod brewing up in my head: - Katzkin leather interior to look like the JDM WR Edition Legacy (blue/black) - Stage 1 (chip or reflash chip) - retro fit stock navi when it comes to the US I think that's it for now. I am assuming that a blue/black interior would look nice on a Regal Blue Leg GT Limited sedan. I am looking to make it a bit more luxurious and a bit quicker. - Mike

Archived