LegacyGT.com

Clunking type noise in rear?

I have this low tone type of clunking noise. Almost like something is bouncing around in my trunk (trunk is empty btw) and i'm not sure where its coming from. I'm not sure if its the struts/shocks in the rear im hearing. Its a 09 2.5i with 66km on it btw. Didn't think the struts would go bad this soon if this is the case. I do hear the noise on smaller bumps in the road.

Any ideas? How would I check to see if the struts are shot?

Thanks,

Chris

Its not very loud at all. Its such a low noise and its more like a low pitched rattle when I hit little bumps. I will check the spare tire and stuff today amd see if that helps. How do you check the rear upper bushings. Are you talking about the ones that are are the rear swing arm?

Tapp'n

Its definitely not loud enough to catch on camera. Its just very annoying and sounds like something in the rear suspension is loose. Its going in to get the drivers seat replaced so we will see if they can figure it out while it's there.

Tapp'n

I replaced my RSB, end links & brackets and I didn't re-tighten the end links after driving a few hundred miles. They were loose, after tightening, my clunking was gone. Or what Max says relpace them.

Archived