LegacyGT.com

Engine full of water...

I'm also glad that they did not question the intake set-up, because in all honesty, my car would have had the same problem with the stock intake. I'm almost certain that water went over the front of the hood. I also noticed that there was water sitting in the depressions on the top of the block, and on the top of the intake manifold when I got to the shop.

At that depth it wouldn't have mattered if it was stock or not.

453747.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course I know what the term means. He said the cop looked at him angrily and if you don't do what a cop tells you, then you end up with a consequence

Strictly speaking, implied threat is suggestion of harmful intent. I'm not wanting to mince words here but terms should not be thrown around lightly. If you want to argue implied threat then you'd better be prepared to show the officer somehow suggested he was going to harm you if you did not comply with a request.

I've handled my share of subrogation claims going after cities and I can tell you they resist payment and accepting negligence big time, mainly because they don't like precedent of any kind. Op is in good hands with USAA, he should just let it play out at this point. I would not worry about pushing any sort of investigation unless the rep tells me chances are nil that I would get my deductible back. At that point I would push to get some answers.

I'm also glad that they did not question the intake set-up, because in all honesty, my car would have had the same problem with the stock intake. I'm almost certain that water went over the front of the hood. I also noticed that there was water sitting in the depressions on the top of the block, and on the top of the intake manifold when I got to the shop.

I completely understand the situation you were in, and that you felt pressured to proceed forward at the cop's apparent insistence. But, if it were me, with water that high, I would have stood my ground and let them walk over to me if he wanted to, and called him an idiot to his face. It is obvious to me he didn't give a shit about the safety of others, he just wanted the intersection cleared and traffic moving. If I were USAA I would go after them with everything I've got.

Op is in good hands with USAA, he should just let it play out at this point. I would not worry about pushing any sort of investigation unless the rep tells me chances are nil that I would get my deductible back. At that point I would push to get some answers.

Yes, USAA has always been phenomenal. I was told that I would not get my deductible back, are you saying that I should push for getting it back?

It's a catch-22. A comprehensive loss generally does not get subrogated, a collision loss does because there is negligence involved. It is to your benefit for the claim to be a comp loss since that is not a surchargeable loss, but at the same time you get nicked for your deductible.

• 5 weeks later...

Wanted to post an update. USAA cut me a check, and I promptly bought all the parts on my wish list for an engine build along with a 6mt from an 04 STI. Just finished everything today, and am feeling very lucky USAA covered everything. Here's my build thread.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/build-critique-and-questions-213763.html?t=213763&highlight=engine+build+critique

Archived