LegacyGT.com

need to relocate xm radio....ideas?

c-lo

Anyone want an original XM Roady for free, don't need it anymore.

I may know someone who'd want it. I'll let you know later today.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 4 months later...

Resurrecting an old thread here. I'm seriously about to jump into the satellite thing since terrestrial radio is seriously blowing lately.

I'm looking at the Roady XT primarily because of the color changing face, price and portability. Any comments on the Roady XT. No-one here seems to be buying this specific model and I must admit it's got me wondering why.

Superhawk, or anyone really know if the wired FM modulator is specific to the receiver you buy. Usually these wired FM modulators have in their description the name of one of the receiver's which makes me think there's something unique about it to make it only fit a specific receiver. Sorry if this is a stupid question I just want to get the right accessories the first time. Also, is this receiver on the dash truly the receiver and tuner or is their a separate receiver box that mounts somewhere else?

TIA

Brian

I have 2 XT's

They're niffty little units. Sound is fine with the built in modulator. I just can't find a place to mout it.

Yeah I know about the built-in modulator, but I'm pretty sure it won't sound good enough for me. I had a wired-in FM modulator on an old vehicle and it sounded nearly CD like. I also had a wireles FM modulator more recently hooked up to my I-pod and that just sounded awful!!

How do you like the functionality of this unit. Are the buttons easy to hit? Is it easy to search the other stations? I like the scroll wheel on the Ski-Fi unit.

I find that i don't use the scroll at all or the presets. i just punch in the number of the channel directly. i have the antenna mounted on the rear of the roof (wagon) and it's so close to the FM antenna that it's probably just as good as a direct wire modulator. I have mine hooked up through a Cleansweep and just for giggles I had the radio set to an empty channel and i would switch between direct line and FM mod. You could tell which was which, but the FM was still very clean.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I find that i don't use the scroll at all or the presets. i just punch in the number of the channel directly. i have the antenna mounted on the rear of the roof (wagon) and it's so close to the FM antenna that it's probably just as good as a direct wire modulator. I have mine hooked up through a Cleansweep and just for giggles I had the radio set to an empty channel and i would switch between direct line and FM mod. You could tell which was which, but the FM was still very clean.

HHHHmmmmmmm..interesting regarding the cleansweep/fm modulator, thanks.

Archived