LegacyGT.com

Broke HID Ballast

FunkyMonkey

I think I broke the ballast for my HID fog lights. The adhesive detached from my ballast under the bumper and was hanging for a few days while I was driving until I got motivated enough to reattach it. I rewired the part where I connect the wires to the ballast and the fog light wont turn on anymore. If the ballast gets knocked around, can it break and stop functioning ? :icon_sad:

theres 2 different types of people with yellow fogs. the "cool kids", and the "not from the city" drivers.

i have them because driving down a back road in the pouring rain with the closest street light being 75 miles away sucks. yellow fogs ACTUALLY do help see in the rain. the color dosent get absorbed by the rain, letting you see the road better.

then theres the OMG YELLOW FOGS IM SO JDM LOOK AT MA YELLOW FOGS kids.

just throwing my .02 in.

I drive through dark roads, and sometimes the JDMCOOLKIDZ come from the other side with 8K HID's and the yellow 3K in their driving lights. They are not the same as yellow fog lights. Nothing but glare and blinding lights for the oncoming traffic! Driving lights are not fog lights, no matter how yellow they look!

X

---

HIDs for highbeams is pointless, unless you are using bi-xenon projectors. Get a set of HIR bulbs for the highbeams.

Re-aim your fog lights. They come from the factory pointed down.

Don't bother opening a HID ballast unless you are familiar with soldering under a microscope.

Get your replacements from http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

They have the best quality components for the price. You will end up spending more on cheap replacements, rather than buying once and never having to worry about them again.

Archived