LegacyGT.com

05 LGT on it's menstrual cycle again.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing new to report. My son pulled through though. He picked up this little gem of a Honda civic for 400 bucks and for once I get to drive a car he bought.

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq54/wurkenman/20130924_184643_zpsdf027cad.jpg

If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

btw where the heck did he pick that up so cheap? ive been looking for a cheap beater for a while now, nothing under 2k that isnt beat to pieces. idc if its blown or not.

He got a friend of his to convert to Subaru and then bought this from him. 97 Civic. It even has Brand new Falken ZE912 tires on it.

• 1 month later...

I do NOT have any progress to report, just an update.

The house remodeling is done and now I found some time to work on the car again. I have been going out for a few minutes here and there, but last weekend I got some "quality" time.

Here is how it sets currently. Trying to gain access to the wiring harnesses.

Terry

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq54/wurkenman/20131117_154930_zps6fb4659f.jpg

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq54/wurkenman/20131117_154910_zps2a8af6bf.jpg

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq54/wurkenman/20131117_154859_zps0d89b23d.jpg

• 7 months later...

Well after a full year battling this thing I may have found a solution. On a local forum a member posted a link to a Forester site that spoke of the neutral; position switch on the back of the trans being faulty. Sure enough I unplugged the neutral switch and the reverse switch (same connector under the TMIC). The car has been performing flawlessly for three consecutive days now. I still don't want to drive it cross country, but it's start. The car has been down for a year diagnosing problems. Multiple trips to the dealer, a trip to Mankato from Minneapolis are to have some electrical guru that my BIL knows , and come to find out it's a 45 dollar switch on the trans causing security light issues and no start. I was even getting ready to gut the pig and replace the entire wiring harness (which come to find out would not have fixed it anyway). So far so good wish me luck and a big thanks to all who offered help.

Terry

OP, I love how dealers just "throw parts" at it, of course at your expense.

Someone who's GOOD with troubleshooting could get that issue resolved and for a fraction of that they charged you.

Especially easier to troubleshoot "not that it's easy to do" when the car is not running.

Good luck on your hunt.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

All is still well. On the way home tonight it threw a code for the park/neutral position circuit high. Sure damn thing won't throw a code for over a year with a faulty switch, but disconnect it and right away it comes on. Oh well easy fix. On a more positive note, I am really starting to love my car all over again. I had forgotten how much fun a 350whp car could be.

If I could I would shake your hand. You spend over a years time trying to Figure out your cars problem, that's some serious dedication.

Either you loved the thing to death or you had nothing better to do lol either way I'm glad you figured it out.

If I could I would shake your hand. You spend over a years time trying to Figure out your cars problem, that's some serious dedication.

Either you loved the thing to death or you had nothing better to do lol either way I'm glad you figured it out.

Sold my Cummins powered Dodge to build this car. It is intended (then and now) to be my DD. Yes I do love this car.

Archived