LegacyGT.com

favorite way to install the engine

What's the best way to install the motor w/ 5EAT, to minimize doing a bunch of stuff with the long block in the car.

that is, install headers and UP, and then drop it in? Add the turbo too while at it?

Already got the top coolant pipe on the long block, I'm thinking that's about all I could do on the top of the cases no? (i.e. TGV, fuel piping, etc)

I know, you 5MT/6MT guys could probably hang it in there with the intake and all huh.

I put mine in pretty much complete.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/got-some-new-stuff-engine-r-r-184106.html

Is your tranny out too ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Trans is not out of the car.

I didnt think i could get to the torque converter bolts with the intake etc on there.

Remember this is a 5EAT

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Everything except intercooler, easy to access things like air filter pipes, starter and down pipe.

I installed one on a STi with a MT gearbox and all bolt heads was from the rear, so all other equipment on the engine wasn't a problem.

Just check out the starter before you mount it to make sure that the gear that engages is moving smoothly forth and back. A tad of grease if necessary.

453747.png

Put the tranny on the engine then install as a unit. Put a floor jack under the car to guide the back of the tranny when it gets in there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Not going to pull the trans just so I can install it as a unit into the chassis... that's more work than installing just the bare long block and then installing the turbo, intake, etc.

If this were a MT car then yes I would slap everything but the TMIC and DP on there, and slide'er in

Not going to pull the trans just so I can install it as a unit into the chassis... that's more work than installing just the bare long block and then installing the turbo, intake, etc.

If this were a MT car then yes I would slap everything but the TMIC and DP on there, and slide'er in

Sorry, I read the other post as trans was out of car. My bad.

Yes, leave the intake off till you put the plug in the top of the bell housing area on the block. You should be able to drop it in with the turbo installed. It will be easier to line up the NEW oil return hose with the engine out.

Archived