LegacyGT.com

Anybody want to help work on my boat?

pfoyle

I've got a few installs/maintenance things to do on my 5th Gen, so figured I'd check and see if anyone wants to get together and help me learn! I supply the beer and the boat, you supply some knowledge, undoubtedly clever jokes about my car's giant ass, and helping hands? I'm picturing something like what went down at Jerms place a few weeks back...

I've got an STi short shifter I want to install, Kartboy RSB endlinks to install, some exhaust hangers to put on, and an oil change and trans fluid change that I'd love to knock out sometime soon! Anyone interested in a mini-meet/work on a 5th Gen day? I don't trust myself to do the short shifter on my own, and don't have disposal for motor/gear oil (or the right tools for these fluid drains). I also don't have a good space to do this, as the driveway at my apartment doesn't belong to me.

Anyone interested? Possibly this Saturday, or next Saturday, to allow for some day drinking (without sacrificing quality NFL watching time)? Just throwing it out there... seems like it could be a fun time, and productive! Lemme know!

PF

I have less knowledge than you do, plus an already busy "to-do" list that isn't car related this weekend. But...

and don't have disposal for motor/gear oil

I can potentially help with this.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/inourstores/services.jsp

Bottom of the page. I'm on a maintenance plan through the dealership so I haven't checked out AutoZone's oil recycling. But it's at least worth checking out whichever stores are near you.

• 2 weeks later...
Did you get this sorted out? I can definitely lend some tools and knowledge, time I'm fairly short on though.

Did the STS 2 weekends ago, though there does seem to be more play in the gearshift than I expected... might need to open it all back up and see if I can identify why that is... End links were postponed after rust/corrosion thwarted my initial attempt... might take another swing at them tmrw. Trans/oil change I will get around to one of these days... just need to man up and buy the can/funnel to catch the fluids, and the bit for the transmission drain (Torx T70 something something)...

Not a big deal, was more looking for an excuse to hang out and drink some beers... not that I really need an excuse for that! :lol:

• I Donated
Well I have the torx bit and funnel you can borrow. You can also use my oil catch pan. As far as endlinks, you might have to cut them off. try pb blaster first but if you are rounding out the allen keys then youll have to cut them off with a sawzall. I wish I had time for beers and hanging out!

• 2 months later...

Archived