LegacyGT.com

Side Skirt Extension Splitters For LGT Wagon/Sedan!

RawrParts

S206 Style VS Flat Style  

35 members have voted

1. 1. S206 Style VS Flat Style

• S206 Style
    • Flat

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That looks really good - I would still like to confirm fitment on a Spec.B as apparently the side moldings are different. But if it fits, I am in!

At least in the US, the Spec B uses the same side sill as all the other Legacies - part# 51415AG02A9P. I would be surprised if Canada is different, but it is possible.

Kyle "BlackHole"

Eric,

What do you mean by side molding? got picture?

Sorry, yeah I meant side sill - the part the splitter attaches to. On the spec.B it has a chrome strip and I thought they were a different shape, but I think I was wrong!

At least in the US, the Spec B uses the same side sill as all the other Legacies - part# 51415AG02A9P. I would be surprised if Canada is different, but it is possible.

That's good to know, thanks! I had read in a few other threads some comments about side strakes, etc., not fitting on the chromed part, but maybe that is incorrect.

My car is from the U.S., so same part number for sure; the ones here in Canada look the same too.

Yeah, opposedforces is a great resource but I have found a few discrepancies over the years. In this case, the side spoilers with chrome inserts were a dealer installed accessory but came standard on '06+ Spec.Bs, and were listed in the Subaru Accessories pamphlet.

The chrome side spoilers were provided already painted so there were several part numbers for those. The standard spoilers could be had painted or unpainted, so again, several different part numbers.

In this case, the side spoilers with chrome inserts were a dealer installed accessory but came standard on '06+ Spec.Bs, and were listed in the Subaru Accessories pamphlet.

Hmmm, looking at the pic of this splitter, then, I am guessing it won't fit. I am not sure if the contour is different on the chrome side spoiler, but I think the chrome groove extends far enough that it would be covered by the upturn in the splitter.

Here is a thread that discusses a similar issue with side strakes:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/05-09-legacy-aero-strakes-139063.html

Here is an example that shows the chrome skirts really nicely:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4512626&postcount=2913

I am still hoping that it fits, as they look really good!

Eric

Eric,

I hope there is a local member in SoCal can come test fit it.

If anyone at SubyFeast this weekend Im willing to bring it over for a spec B owner to test fit.

But looking both chrome and non-chrome I believe it will fits because on Spec B side skirts.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived