LegacyGT.com

Hard water sport removal...

Hey guys, I park my car next to sprinklers more often than not (not by choice, mind you) and I'm curious as to what the best practice is for getting rid of those damn spots. I have an OBP paint scheme. The fact that, even after I wash my car, I can still see the spots all over really bothers the hell out of me.

What's the best practice to remove the spots and protect my paint?

In addition to this (and more than likely related), what's the best way to "winterize" my paint? It's august out here so winter is coming soon and I'd rather be prepared than scrambling to get things ready. I might look into buying underground parking at my place as well.

I see some things around about polish and that kinda thing... Do you have recommended brands?

So, what do you do to remove water spots, prevent them, and get paint ready for harsh, cold, salty and abrasive winters?

Thanks

Hey guys, I park my car next to sprinklers more often than not (not by choice, mind you) and I'm curious as to what the best practice is for getting rid of those damn spots. I have an OBP paint scheme. The fact that, even after I wash my car, I can still see the spots all over really bothers the hell out of me.

What's the best practice to remove the spots and protect my paint?

In addition to this (and more than likely related), what's the best way to "winterize" my paint? It's august out here so winter is coming soon and I'd rather be prepared than scrambling to get things ready. I might look into buying underground parking at my place as well.

I see some things around about polish and that kinda thing... Do you have recommended brands?

So, what do you do to remove water spots, prevent them, and get paint ready for harsh, cold, salty and abrasive winters?

Thanks

It's August here too and winter is coming soon here too....:lol:

I hate claying, but agree that it needs to be done.

If you can justify the expense, try a Speedy Prep Towel.

Works like clay, but so much faster and easier.

Great audible and tactile feedback. You can hear and feel the

contaminants being removed.

After that, you would probably want to use a polish to get the fine scratches out. Then a synthetic sealant to get it ready for winter.

clay and then good polishing of the paint. then seal it and wax it for the best protection against winter and further water spots. All sorts of product choices can be made, I favor Poorboys World, but use what you would like.

Archived