LegacyGT.com

fan relay recall?

I recently purchased a 06 lgt with 52k. After doing some reading I noticed a post that mentioned if your cooling fan comes on while the car is cold during initial start up, it needs the relay/ecm recall done. I've noticed my cars fan will come on for a few seconds on start up then turn off but it doesn't do it every day/time. Well the dealer claimed to have replaced my relay years ago so I'm not sure what the issue is here.

Im not sure if this even fits the criteria of the recall since the recall states the fan stays on continuously.

Since the car is so new to me I'm not sure if this is even something to worry about, that's why I came to ask here.

Is this related to the recall?

Does this particular relay go bad every few years?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Give the dealer your vin and ask about the recall. My 2005 was done within months of purchase (new) and as is stated above the ECU needed replacement as well. Bring ALL your keys to the dealership because a new ECU means the keys must be reflashed.

I'm pretty certain the A/C wasn't on since I haven't had to use it much and I'm pretty good about turning it off prior to turning the car off. I'm not positive though so I will definitely pay closer attention.

Blue, I have contacted the dealer and they said the recall had been done to the vehicle years ago.

Archived