LegacyGT.com

Super dim High Beams

I installed JDM Projectors last weekend. I cannot remember the last time I used my highbeams, so it doesn't bother me TOO much, but my high beams output a pretty useless amount of light.

Is that because I painted the reflective dishes black? I assumed I'd lose SOME light, but not this much.

the reflectors are the only reason there is that much visible light. kind of like taking the top off of a mag lite. without the reflector to collect and beam the light forward, it just washes out all around it.

Is that because I painted the reflective dishes black? I assumed I'd lose SOME light, but not this much.

Not trying to sound like a dick, but what did you think would happen? You took the REFLECTOR, designed for reflecting and focusing all the light onto the road, and changed it from a mirror-like chrome that REFLECTS the light, into black, which, in case you weren't aware, looks black because it ABSORBS light. Not entirely sure what you were expecting to occur... :confused:

I still can't fathom why people would be so vain to care more about looks than functionality.

I'm not really trying to bust your chops, Sometimes things do look cool. I would prefer a scooped hood on my car even though I would gain nothing in performance. (NA 2.2)

Blacking out your headlights is an Anti-Mod.

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Eh, like I said, I expected them to get dimmer, I didn't care a whole lot because I've never used them in the 5 years I've owned my Legacy, and I live in a populated, well lit area.

I'm not quite sure what it has to do with being vain. Just asking a simple question.

Sheesh, you guys sure are sensitive about your headlights.

Twisty and Zues, thanks for answering without really being a dick.

Archived