LegacyGT.com

Pricing a 2005?

specinvstr

For anyone still shopping for a remaining 05... I purchased my non-limited GT sedan w/spoiler (only option) for $23,700 + tax, title, registration, etc.

Final price ended up being $25,200 out the door.

It is pretty much invoice - rebate. But to make things a little sweeter, I got a very good deal on my trade (they paid it off! weee! lol). So I think I got a good deal.

quick question on the trade. IF you trade do you have to pay tax on entire value of new car or just the difference in price?

Example new car = $25000 and trade = $15000 then do you pay tax on (25 minus 15= 10K) only?

And title and reg is standard amount based on county right? That never changes right??

Thx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My experience is tax ONLY on entire price of the car purchased...THEN (and only THEN), they add or subtract the value of the trade-in...

So..you will be paying tax on the $25,000...this is my experience

Title and registration is based on percentage of the purchase price (varies depending on city)

In Taiwan now...:spin:

My experience is tax ONLY on entire price of the car purchased...THEN (and only THEN), they add or subtract the value of the trade-in...

So..you will be paying tax on the $25,000...this is my experience

Well then you have been getting ripped off all of these years, I have lived in 2 states and both allow the deduction of trade then tax the balance method.

I even did a backdoor trade on my LGT so I wouldn't have to pay as much tax. Backdoor meaning I had a private buyer for my old car, I took him to the dealer, they 'sold' it to him and used the sale to deduct from my car for the taxable amount. It only saved me a few hundred, but a few hundred is still a few hundred I don't have to give the the taxman.

Closest dealer offers the following, and I think I can do better:

2005-$2,000 off MSRP plus $2,000 cash back for the two cars on the lot, which are horrible (red, cloth, sedan, 5EAT, they look so sorry...) Cost is about $22,500, great!

2006-$1,000 off MSRP plus $1,000 cash back. Want MT limited, subwoofer, STS, tint, another set of wheels and two sets of tires. Cost is huge and hard to justify. Seems like what Subaru sells alot of around here is wagons.

I think I have posted before somewhere else, but I will add my nice deal here too...

I got an 05 LGT Limited (Regal Blue, Taupe interior), 5EAT, auto-dimming mirror, and tint (for some reason they put it on the car, so I was quite happy), for a total of $24,500.

Now, this was a "demo" model that had 712miles on it, but thats nothing for a demo model... Its in perfect condition. So, you should be able to get around the same price, if not lower, for the wagon MT, even if it is a limited... because the limited package is $2,500, and the EAT is $1,200... So good luck... Hope you get a kicking deal, but at $25,222 it doesnt sound too bad... but I think they can do better for you.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Archived