LegacyGT.com

Pricing a 2005?

specinvstr

Thank you. I guess the 5sp wagon at Liberty is this one: (2005 Subaru Legacy 05 2.5 GT Wagon Manual Obsidian Black Pearl $27,833 Stock no. 6042 VIN: 4S3BP686956314735)

I'll call them in the AM to get particulars, but will they deal?

That's the MSRP, so it's a non-limited model. Invoice price is probably around $25.5K, so you shouldn't have to pay any more than that. I would think you could get it for considerably less, and that's without any rebates. Act like it's just one of several cars you're looking at, and only if you can get a really good deal.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they will deal skibum. I believe they have a couple of wagon GTs, non-limited at town motors. I think I saw 2 manuals on their lot -- the dark blue caught my eye. You might want to give them a call too. I know they quoted a non-limited GT sedan, auto at $23,500.00. Give town motors a call and ask for Bob. HE doesn't know much about cars yet and doesn't pretend to. He'll work with you....

Thanks specinvstr. I called Liberty, they'll definitely deal. Perhaps I'll now start a bidding war between a few of them :) Seems to be an abundance of LGT MT wagons still on lots east of the Mississippi. Then there's that Regal Blue wagon for sale in the St. Louis area on Ebay right now. It's funny, a local salesperson who calls me almost daily says, "why don't you just order an '06 exactly the way you want it?". So I tell him about the "minor" issue of no MT on the wagon. He says, "no way, I haven't heard anything about that for '06, that can't be right" I say, sure Jack, whatever you say...by all means, let me know if you find out something to the contrary:)

Hmmm, I wish I am not living in San Francisco now... There is only one LGT Lmt 5Mt around me and someone had a deposit on it :( but anyway, how much under invoce did you guys get b4 the rebate? Should I start offering $2500 unker invoice with rebate to the dealers?

Gald I could help skibum. You should tell the salesperson to look in the 06 brochure, it says NA in reference to the manual 06 wagon.:rolleyes:

I got quoted around invoice off the bat, got it a little lower, then kicked in the rebates. I could've walked out or played hardball, but it was the color I wanted.

Hmmm, I wish I am not living in San Francisco now... There is only one LGT Lmt 5Mt around me and someone had a deposit on it :( but anyway, how much under invoce did you guys get b4 the rebate? Should I start offering $2500 unker invoice with rebate to the dealers?

Hi, you should start at least $3K under invoice. Seriously... My deal was $25,000 before TTL and before dealer installed options. Invoice on the wagon is $27,856 based on the list price of $30,270. My list price was $30,470, which would imply an invoice of right under $28K.

Albert

I'd say expand your search radius. Know exactly what the invoice is and also the Holdback/Market Assistance amount before you make an offer. Invoice is available thru a variety of sources, but a good site (run by a Subie salesperson in the Pacific NW) is http://www.cars101.com. There are some pricing errors on that site, so double check the addition on the MSRP and Invoice prices you see there.

Holdback and Market Assistance is 2% each (4% combined) of the base MSRP for whatever model you're looking at. This is roughly $1000 for the Legacy +- $100 depending on the model. There's some misinformation on some other threads here that state Holdback is 3% in some parts of the US - that's wrong - it's 4% for everyone in the lower 48. Dealers also get a flat per vehicle floorplan allowance that I think is $200 or $220. What you don't know is what additional volume/month-end/year-end incentives they may be getting.

Given the current rebate, I'd say start no higher than $3500 under invoice. You can always improve your offer, plus most dealers now have '06s on their lots. Good luck! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Keep shopping. That's way too high. I picked up an 05 LGT Limited manual for just shy of 25k. They should be able to knock a couple of grand off of the price you mentioned. If not, I'd walk away. Drive to another city if you have to.

Yes - $26.8 for a Limited GT auto is too high. About $1K too high for a wagon, and about $2K too high for a sedan. My 5MT limited wagon was $25,200.

Albert

This is my first post so go easy on me. I'll be going to the dealship this weekend to test drive and purchase a 05 Legacy GT 5M, silver with no options, so this thread and the excellent advice couldn't have come at a better time. The internet salesman has not given me a price, but has said it will be under the invoice...taken with a grain of salt I'll see what price we can hammer out. The dealship has two 05 GT LTD wagons in blue and black, but I have my heart set on silver and after searching the inventory on the internet for several months, it's the only one I've found in NJ.

While I haven't test driven a Legacy yet, it would seem a natural progression from my previous car. I bought a 92 eagle talon awd and after meeting Jeff Hill from Turbo Trix at Englishtown/Raceway park on Friday street night I was hooked. After ten years, 185k, over 300 1/4 mile passes (best was 12.5 @ 110) I reluctantly sold the car. With two kids we needed a bigger vehicle so we bought a Highlander. The car is bulletproof, much like the eagle was, but it is soooooooo boring to drive. After speaking with Jeff Hill he recommended the Legacy, and with all the glowing reports about the car I'm ready to join the ranks of the Subie crew!

After contacting the internet sales department at the dealership, SOA sent me an invitation for "Motorsports Day" on 9/25/05 in Westampton, NJ. They plan to have an 06 Legacy GT Spec B as well as a WRX And STI available for viewing. I plan on attending with my new Legacy!

I can already tell that this Legacy association will provide a wealth of knowledge that will be invaluable to me. I'll keep everyone posted on the purchase price.

Options will have some impact on price, but that is still too high. With 06s on the lots, you should be able to do better. I got mine for just over 26k, out the door, after rebates. Sticker was just under 30. Keep looking...

The region in which you buy also seems to have a significant impact (perhaps especially w/r/t the 5 speed). I have gone through a week of pricing nearly-identical '05 GT Ltd. Wagons (5 spd.) in three different regions---the San Francisco Bay area, Montana and Northern Virginia---and the "serious" (as in, probably close to final, although didn't close the sale, so maybe there was some room) price in Virginia was more than $4,000 less than the serious price around San Francisco. The Bay area price wasn't MSRP, but it was close (and I bet they'll get it), the Montana price (where Subaru is a popular brand) was ~$500 less than invoice, and the VA price was ~$1800 less than invoice. The Bay area dealer was touting the "no more stick shift" angle as support for the high price. But having lived there for several years, I'm sure that he'll find someone who wants a rocket wagon to shorten the drive to Tahoe, so he'll probably get it.

Just picked up my silver 05 wagon 5mt on Saturday. No options, $23,100. Dealership included free oil changes for 2 years, and when I requested an internet price before the purchase, SOA sent an email coupon good for a 15% discount on all new genuine Subaru accessories

I"m trying to pick up an 05' legacy gt limited automatic and the sticker price on the car is 31,470 and the invoice on it is 28,910. The guy's final offer is 27,910. Do you think i should take it or else wait to get an 06'?? Keep in mind this is in Alabama :)

I"m trying to pick up an 05' legacy gt limited automatic and the sticker price on the car is 31,470 and the invoice on it is 28,910. The guy's final offer is 27,910. Do you think i should take it or else wait to get an 06'?? Keep in mind this is in Alabama :)

I'd say wait for the '06 or try another dealer.

Does that incule the $1500 rebate? I got it $1000 under invoice plus the $1500. Well In San Francisco, that's a really good deal already.

It kind of sucks living in the south and trying to buy a subaru. The dealerships down here don't really get a whole lot, so they can give higher prices. My best chances are to go atl and get one, they have like 20 of them on the lot over there. I"ll keep you guys updated.

Hey-

I just took delivery of a 2005 2.5GT 5MT wagon this weekend. I thought I'd post here to thank the many people that provided info that allowed me to get a great price. Mine has autodimming mirror, security upgrade and cargo tray. Out the door it was $23,500 + TTL (including all rebates, incentives, etc.). The dealer was really motivated to deal and get rid of a 2005. To my knowledge he also has the only remaining like car in the Pacific Northwest. I hope that this helps.

Yours was NOT a LIMITED was it???

For anyone still shopping for a remaining 05... I purchased my non-limited GT sedan w/spoiler (only option) for $23,700 + tax, title, registration, etc.

Final price ended up being $25,200 out the door.

It is pretty much invoice - rebate. But to make things a little sweeter, I got a very good deal on my trade (they paid it off! weee! lol). So I think I got a good deal.

Hello consumer. And I say unto you, please use exact change.

This is my shark.

Archived