LegacyGT.com

Wiring city lights.

I've read all the threads I could find pertaining to headlights, and my question still wasn't answered, maybe because its not possible.

I have JDM projectors, with morimoto "angel eyes". I'd like to wire the angel eyes, and city lights so they are always on when the ignition is on. Is there any way to easily do this without running a switch and all new wires?

If I do need a switch, will I need a relay as well? (Sorry, I'm pretty good, mechanically, but I know very little as far as electronics.)

Thank You!!

I tapped into the parking light power. My angel eyes and city lights are on whenever the parking lights are on. If you want them to come on without the parking lights then you will have to run a separate power supply for them. You don't need a relay unless you want a switch to turn them on/off. If you don't want a switch then run a power supply from the battery with an inline fuse, or run a line from an add a fuse, or the cigarette lighter or something.

I'd like to wire the angel eyes, and city lights so they are always on when the ignition is on.

This is the way to do it. It's too easy to leave on if you run a separate circuit that'll stay on when your car is off.

i was reading that as he wanted it to come on with the key, like the radio does.

I tapped mine into a switch power wire from the column. My parking light switch went out and instead of tearing everything apart to replace the switch I just wired my parking lights into the switched power. Headlights still work on the normal switch but parking lights are on if the car is on.

Thanks for the info everyone. So if I'm understanding correctly, if I just tap into the 12V switched source under the steering column, I should install a relay (SPST?) as well?

BTW, to clarify, my preferred installation, would be no switch, just have city lights and halo's come on with the key.

Don't tap into anything under the dash, tap into the parking lights at the blinker bulb

I want them on all the time. Not just when the parking lights are on.

And just to be safe, I talked to a police officer, and I'm within my states laws. But hey, thanks for the friendly warning ;)

I just finished my FX-R 3.0 retrofit into JSM housings. I was hoping to find my car prewired for DRLs also. According to page 69 (of file ending in 79.PDF) on this link,

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6P6dybMMzg9TWt6RHlMRjR0QWc&usp=drive_web&pli=1&tid=0B6P6dybMMzg9Z004U05OVHFFMWM,

my car is missing the control module, relay, some diodes and resistors. for DRLs to just "hook up".

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

After a little thought, I realized that I usually drive with my headlights on all the time anyways, and I just used the parking light wire.

So one click of the headlight switch runs halo's and city lights, although I think I'm gonna try some amber LED's in those city lights.

Their light output is retarded, especially with them sitting next to my xBALED Angel Eyes/Halos.

I've always thought they looked good, although in hindsight, I'd have probably done a strip, similar to what the new Audi's have. But I was a little concerned about it not being straight, or something being "off" in general.

I guess while I had to open my headlights to alter the cutoff, I figured "what the hell, might as well add something".

theres quite a few legacys i am starting to see around here, and not one has any kind of personality mods at all. they are all stock, mostly no tint and no real mods at all. mine is the first ive seen without stock wheels. now, going to the pavilions will usually get a few that are messed with, but thats normal for car hangs.

i dont have halos, but id add them if i had the time and parts.

Archived