LegacyGT.com

MSD coil?

Yes in the box is a straight "3inch coupler that will go to your throttle body to intake tube, a "3-"3 inch coupler from tube to maf sensor tube and another "3-"3 from maf tube to intake box..but you will need one of these: http://www.jscspeed.com/catalog/Mazda/89_05_Miata/Intakes/Weapon_R_3_MAF_Adapter_for_89_93_Mazda_Miata.html to put inside your stock airbox to maf tube coupling..

Note:it doesn't have to be that exact product, the picture is for your imagination. You can get one similar to that for like 7 and some Change at any autozone or napa.

For the record the secret weapon cone filter is waaay better than the dragon cone filter. Regardless it will be deleted if you do the hybrid style intake and snorkus delete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, would I really need ther extra adapter you describe? Wouldn't I just connect the new intake pipe to the 3" round fitting next to the MAF where the clamp is in the pic (at the link below) of my current setup?

Also, does the Weapon R also have the two vacuum line connections that my current intake has?

5994107998658766466?pid=5994107998658766466&oid=106180152879540558306

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/106180152879540558306/albums/5994107995813689057/5994107998658766466?pid=5994107998658766466&oid=106180152879540558306

:), yes you need that extra part, yes its got 2 nipples for the valve cover vents..but I did have to drill an extra hole for the iacv tube.

Zues get over it. There are gains with the hybrid and some people want the rush of air and the growl the tube makes. I'm partial on the bling factor. The factory j-pipe is better through the whole range but the hybrid cools intake charge and is better than the factory tube in the low rpms.

:), yes you need that extra part, yes its got 2 nipples for the valve cover vents..but I did have to drill an extra hole for the iacv tube.

Zues get over it. There are gains with the hybrid and some people want the rush of air and the growl the tube makes. I'm partial on the bling factor. The factory j-pipe is better through the whole range but the hybrid cools intake charge and is better than the factory tube in the low rpms.

I'm still a bit confused (that's not hard- I'm old :-) ). I'm assuming I can connect the new intake tube just past the MAF (where somebody put the clamp in my pic of my current setup). If I used the adapter to connect the new intake to the airbox, I'd be removing the MAF, but the car needs it to run. Am I misunderstanding something?

Lol..no problem stevo, the maf stays right where it should be..the part I'm telling you about will go inside the stock airbox to give you something to tie the maf sensor to it because the adapter that comes with the tube will not work because of the hole centering. I no longer have the car and I'm affording the information on memory of the install. The part I'm telling you about is a map sensor adapter for a newer car with the hole for a map sensor that has a universal type hole centering with about 2 1/2 inches of tubing sticking out of the flange, just enough for you to get the silicone and a hose clamp on.

Lol..no problem stevo, the maf stays right where it should be..the part I'm telling you about will go inside the stock airbox to give you something to tie the maf sensor to it because the adapter that comes with the tube will not work because of the hole centering. I no longer have the car and I'm affording the information on memory of the install. The part I'm telling you about is a map sensor adapter for a newer car with the hole for a map sensor that has a universal type hole centering with about 2 1/2 inches of tubing sticking out of the flange, just enough for you to get the silicone and a hose clamp on.

I got you now. Funny, in the pic of the Weapon R adapter I don't see a hole in which to mount the MAF. It looks like it would go where the black plug looking thing is on this one (would this one work on our cars?)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Spectre-Performance-81413-Sensor-Adapter/dp/B000BPZ4X2/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1395878100&sr=1-1&keywords=maf+adapter]Amazon.com: Spectre Performance 81413 Mass Air Flow Sensor Adapter: Automotive[/ame]

No that weapon r part bolts to the stock maf tube with that supplied o-ring and 10mm bolts, don't take that Maf sensor out of its housing.

The amazon part you have in your last post will go inside the airbox so the weaponr adapter can fasten to the airbox. That one looks a little bigger than the plastic one I bought from oreillys so you may have to trim down the flange, the map sensor hole is useless and will become covered by the silicone connector when finished with the install.

Archived