LegacyGT.com

has anyone done an Extra wide roof rack on a non outback?

I'm going to colorado in about 2-3 weeks and need to load up the legacy with mountain bikes. instead of doing 2 on top and 2 in the back with a hitch I'd like to try to do all 4 on top, does anyone know which rack I'd need for the extra long bars? has anyone done 4 bikes up top? I know the outback rails are different so its easier to find a rack for that.

I know Thule makes different lenght's of bars, I think you can get them up to 5 or 6ft across.

I'm sure the other company's must too.

I've had my ski box and two bikes on my wagon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yeah. Check out Thule or Yakima. But man, four bikes on top's gonna hurt the mpg substantially. What kind of bikes?

If you could, I would invest in the Yakima holdup with the optional extension. You can then get four bikes.. Though pricey, I think you save on the long run.

http://www.yakima.com/shop/bike/hitch/holdup-plus-2

Actually, please report your mileage at the end of your trip. I'd be really curious to know. I recall with two fairly big rigs on my roof, I get like 19 mpg :mad: @ 70mph average.

Next time rent a SUV, like a Chevy Suburban...then let us hear you whine LOL

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Next time rent a SUV, like a Chevy Suburban...then let us hear you whine LOL

I kinna did once. We were 6 in the Tahoe, rented a u-haul trailer and put all six mtn bikes+camping gears in it. I drove and averaged around 18mpg. I was happy, can you believe it :lol: ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived