LegacyGT.com

Key FOB Not working

:mad::mad:, Like the title says. I know a lot of people have had programming issues. (I searched :redface:), but I'm not sure mine is a programming issue. replaced batteries in both. Nothing. Now I locked the car with the keys, and I'm afraid the alarm will go off when I try to open with the keys. Pleas help. Will hit the stealership on SAT. If anyone else has had this problem please chime in.

Thanks for the assistance guys. Guess by the lack of response, this somewhat common occurrence is inherent in these cars...I did my search before starting the thread btw, but I guess what I'm trying to understand, and what I should have initially stated was, "what casues this?" As opposed to getting different solutions, I'm not seeing any posts on what's causing it.

FWIW. I think the hot day's we have been having lately effects the locking system.

My 09 Spec B, it seems I have to be real close to th ecar to get the FOB to work. Now that's its cooler out seems to work from further away. But its still not a far reaching as my 05 wagon FOB.

But after sitting in the hot sun for days the rear attach would not unlock with the FOB or the drivers door. Once it cooled down the wagons locks work fine.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks Maximillion...there might be some truth to that. It seems to have happened quite randomly, but I'll try one of those 'lock, unlock' sequence things and see if that works..I'm parked in a cool parking garage at work, but no luck as yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I hope you used the key by now...

The battery was disconnected on my wagon for 5 weeks during the heat wave. But once the tranny was back in and the car started the hatch worked fine, but like I said, it was much cooler.

I have replaced the lock mechinism once in the hatch.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived