LegacyGT.com

help strange owl like noise

so the other day i installed a Perrin turbo inlet and right after the install when i engaged the clutch a owl like noise started, i just though it could be beacuse i had the car sitting for 5 days prior to the install. today when i was driving to work the owl like noise started when i was engaging the gas. i also have a small tear on my crank case breather hose if any one can help please chime in. o

• Moderators

By "engage" the clutch do you mean depress it? If you are getting a noise that is related to travel in your clutch pedal it's most likely the TOB.

Also, the likelihood of an inlet install being related to your clutch pedal in any way whatsoever is probably zero.

I'm guessing TOB or inlet leak from new install. Have you boost leak tested the car since the install?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Yes I mean when the clutch is depress. While I was on my lunch break. I was revving the gas and the sound appears than as well so I'm assuming its a leak somewhere.

, Yep, so maybe when you depress the clutch and engine is no longer engaged, the sound is more audible.

Archived