LegacyGT.com

08 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Presale

carsonc10

Hello I am new to the site and want some feedback on a legacy im thinking about buying. Heres the link: http://www.subaruvt.com/bargain/Subaru/2008-Subaru-Legacy-c80f3dae0a0a006401662429db17984a.htm

This will be my first car and I would like to just get a feel for what others think. I would like to make it kinda cool new rims for sure and stuff like that. My brother in law has contacts here and can get it for 9,300. What do you all think?

Thanks

-C

Looks like a nice car, I don't see anything major that would cause me to say don't buy it. The only things I'd point out is that you'll need to replace the timing belt at 105k, which cost me around $1350 at the dealership. I'm sure you can get the timing belt done cheaper by an independent shop if you wanted to though. If you do get the car, I'd make sure to check the oil regularly when you first buy it. Some subarus consume a fair amount of oil, I know mine does, especially during this hot summer.

Looks good choosing a 2.5i as your first car vs a GT is smart. As with any car ask for history just because it looks to be well cared for doesn't always mean it was. The 2.5i doesn't have nearly the cost of maintenance that a GT does and with the high mileage I would venture to say the owner did alot of highway driving which is good. If all checks out buy it. However I would tell them to take 1k off to pay for your daily advertising seeing that you will be driving off their lot with the dealer sticker under the Subaru emblem on the trunk and the dealership licence plate frames. If they say no I would tell them to remove them both because I am not going to be forced to advertise for them without being compensated. Plus the very first picture has a VT licence plate that says What's in it for me? That statement goes both ways and I would be sure to point out what I believe is their slogan, and ask that very same question.

Thank you all for your input and thoughts. But after further research, I learned that it had brake problems and something else wrong in the exhaust system. But I ended up getting an 05 vw jetta gli. Thanks again for all tye supposrt it was greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your input and thoughts. But after further research, I learned that it had brake problems and something else wrong in the exhaust system. But I ended up getting an 05 vw jetta gli. Thanks again for all tye supposrt it was greatly appreciated.

:lol::spin: Brake line recall was nothing major and if it was pzev i assume it had a recall for something else I wouldn't call them problems! But oh well have fun with the Jetta! :lol::lol: Total chick car! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm 18 and my 2.5i is my first car too! :) just don't let them screw you over with it just because you are young and look over anything and everything and see if you can get a warranty on it.

I wish I did more research on legacies though otherwise I would be in a GT only because most cars that carry a GT label are only a higher trim level nothing else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived