LegacyGT.com

2013 VW Passat TDI SEL

Hey guys picked up a '13 Passat TDI SEL last weekend as my new daily driver. So far, I'm very happy with it. It's rated at 30city/40highway and I'm getting about 42mpg, with what I would call a mix of 60/40, city/highway. It's just a little weird driving a fwd automatic- I've never actually owned one before.

2.0 TDI engine, 140/236, mated to the vw/audi 6spd dsg transmission. Biggest back seat in it's class, I'm 6' and the driver's seat is adjusted for me so you can see how much leg room there is in the pics below.. suede inserts on the leather seats. Proximity key/push button start/remote start built into the key. Upgraded nav, fender audio(400watts, 8 speakers+sub), just too much to list..

P1010091.thumb.jpg.173fed5ea34e51d1b495cfcdc0bafb61.jpg

P1010094.thumb.jpg.74a5d05e70eda77a2cd9ead8c4eb0cd9.jpg

P1010096.thumb.jpg.5a6f79dd702ff5950581e90dea1cb6d9.jpg

P1010101.thumb.jpg.7ba18bcbf4281bceb3a03b8e287b2d64.jpg

P1010088.thumb.jpg.0d917a54db8387c13c2cb8a5e511d49f.jpg

My mother has the same one except the gas version . It is a nice car with many amenities but very boring to drive. Looks exactly like your. The Nav system sometimes is slow to respond. Bluetooth streaming and phone connectivity works great.

GL

X

---

I hope that you don't run into the hell of the DSG gearbox problems.

I hope not too. I did get an extended warranty when I bought it, car's covered for 7yrs/120K mi, and I always have the LGT if something goes screwy.

My mother has the same one except the gas version . It is a nice car with many amenities but very boring to drive. Looks exactly like your. The Nav system sometimes is slow to respond. Bluetooth streaming and phone connectivity works great.

GL

X

Thanks. Yeah, it's pretty boring but the torque of the TDI makes it not so bad. I took the LGT out this afternoon for the first time since I got the Passat and it definitely makes me enjoy the LGT more. I've noticed the system is a bit slow to kick on, and the back up camera is a little slow to display, but minor issues for 40+ mpg and all that room.

It's funny as I find myself more and more wanting to add one of these to the stable so I can ease off of this $300 per week gas bill of mine lol. I'm 6'2 and 285lbs so I need room and plenty of it.
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

It's funny as I find myself more and more wanting to add one of these to the stable so I can ease off of this $300 per week gas bill of mine lol. I'm 6'2 and 285lbs so I need room and plenty of it.

There is an abundance of room in it. The base with the manual tranny has set all kinds of fuel economy records, unfortunately if you want any options at all you have to forgo the manual. But my automatic is killing the epa ratings, I'm a little over half a tank into it, and I have something like 400mi on it. I expect to regularly get over 700mi to a tank And around here, diesel is presently cheaper than premium. I don't know what trim package you'd be looking at, but I can say the SEL is worth it.

Congrats on the TDI! As much brand cache as you'd get with the diesel E-class I really can't stand the look of it. The refresh improved that though.

I'm 6'

I thought I was taller than you and I'm not even 6' :lol:

You need to give it some time and I bet your mpg will increase by a few as things break in. As for the DSG my sisters jetta has 55k on it now with no gear box issues.

Yeah, I've just entered their '2nd phase' of breaking in the car, 600-1000mi, supposed to be getting on it more, getting the revs up higher.. but with 140hp, there's nothing going on in the high rpms though. Even with getting on it more, I have about 340mi on the tank, and I'm getting 44mpg.

Congrats on the TDI! As much brand cache as you'd get with the diesel E-class I really can't stand the look of it. The refresh improved that though.

I thought I was taller than you and I'm not even 6' :lol:

Yeah, to be in the price point and get the options I wanted, such as proximity key, the benz wasn't as feasible. The TDI has less power, but I'm sure beats the bluetec at the pump, and when I want power I go for a ride in the LGT.

Hahaha, I know I don't stand up straight. I can't say I recall relative heights.. you were sizing me up eh? :p

Looks like a good choice for an around town car.

It is. It's been great for commuting to work, very smooth, comfortable after a long ass day (just did a 12hr day today), not fast but the butt-load of torque is great for getting around dumbasses.

$300 a week?!:eek:

^^^. Yes $300.00 per week is my average. My truck gets about 16mpg if I'm casual with it. I drive it 7 days a week and you see me on the road, you know I'm heading to the gas station lol.

And do you need to drive a truck?

My wife drives our LR3 that gets 14/15 city but all her driving is within a 10mi radius.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

For years we were a family of five. That would be me, my wife, two daughters, and our nanny. Where we live if it snows or heavy rains, you are stuck unless you have a 4x4 raised to overcome natures obstacles. My wife not being to get to work was not an option as she is in the medical field. As for me he truck helps as far as after my surgery not being able to shift. Now I've recently found out that I will need spinal surgery if I am ever to hope for more then 40% use of my right arm. I should have worded it so that it didn't seem as if I were complaining about spending that amount. It was supposed to read as just a statement.

Naw, have had two suv's and am not really feeling them. As far as the rugged part, we own a home in Lancaster which in order to get to, you have to go down happy trails. They call it happ trails because if you survive it, you're happy...

• 2 weeks later...
I rented a Passat with the 6 spd DSG, although not a TDI. The one thing that I did not like about it was that it felt like the throttle was an on/off switch. If i hit the throttle a small amount to leave a stop light it would barely accelerate. I would push the throttle down a little more and the thing would just take off like a rocket. Sport mode seemed to help this.

What engine did it have... the 2.0t gasser? If so I know what you mean. I think it is the extremely small turbos they use. You either are still in lag mode and feels sluggish then you give it just a little bit more gas and it suddenly spools and you chirp the tires.

Archived