LegacyGT.com

I need opinions before I purchase.

If it's a little cheaper it won't bother me. Also I can't find all this terrible crap about wrx's like I do with legacy's.

Consumer reviews is enough for me to follow, I'll still be on the hunt...

Almost all of the motor problems you find in the Legacy happen in the WRX... why same dam motor :)

The other comment regarding finding one not beatin on is another thing. Legacy more family sedan and WRX is normally boy wonder street racer zone.

Hey OP, you're getting solid advice from these blokes. As for the WRX, unless you find one that was driven by a grandma, most likely it would have been flogged. I know it is a lot you're delving into. Being on my second Subaru, I realize that these aren't cars you just jump in and drive; the turbo ones i.e. You have to monitor, baby, and constantly inspect or expect maintenance at some point. I feel your pain though. I got bitten by the bug and as much as I know an Accord or Camry may be more reliable, I am afraid of falling asleep while parallel parking on of those yawn inducers.

I tend to agree with you here. His options are limited for AWD sedans as well.

He'll have better luck spending more and/or considering a small SUV if budget is his restricting factor. $10k doesn't get you much car these days.

Hey OP, you're getting solid advice from these blokes. As for the WRX, unless you find one that was driven by a grandma, most likely it would have been flogged. I know it is a lot you're delving into. Being on my second Subaru, I realize that these aren't cars you just jump in and drive; the turbo ones i.e. You have to monitor, baby, and constantly inspect or expect maintenance at some point. I feel your pain though. I got bitten by the bug and as much as I know an Accord or Camry may be more reliable, I am afraid of falling asleep while parallel parking on of those yawn inducers.

Thanks, man, I just don't want to buy a lemon, and from the sound of it 05 legacy's are just that. But I love the body and the power! I've driven accords for 8 or so years now and I love the reliability. I might just sneak back over to honda, idk:confused:

lexus is250? don't they come in awd?

'05s are not lemons...yeesh, don't believe everything you read on the internet, especially what you read on a forum full of enthusiasts who mod their cars...

I think outside his budget though :(

^ if you want peace of mind put 4k aside once you have 4 k aside for worst case and then you don't care ..at the point when you don't care the engine wont blow..

its at the worst possible time the engines let go.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

^ if you want peace of mind put 4k aside once you have 4 k aside for worst case and then you don't care ..at the point when you don't care the engine wont blow..

So freaking true

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

lexus is250? don't they come in awd?

'05s are not lemons...yeesh, don't believe everything you read on the internet, especially what you read on a forum full of enthusiasts who mod their cars...

I usually don't believe everything I read. But car&driver as well as edmunds are both fairly trustworthy places for info.

Also asking on here for more opinions, because I love the car that is for sure!

Isn't that the truth. Recently engaged and had a road trip lined up when mine blew. Thankfully it wasn't limited by $$.

That's a different direction..Did those come on stick? Hope you got a good price...and hey, once you're happy.

They did come in stick. That model is pretty soft ride and less raw a drive then prior models.

OP - that motor consumes oil and I'm laughing my pants off over your must have list and then you bought that! Good buy though. Can't go wrong with a good condition Honda :)

2 doors 4 less whores. do not like :p

I've actually always liked the late-gen preludes, have fun with it :)

I'm married anyway:wub:.. I already am having a lot of fun, thank you :)

That's a different direction..Did those come on stick? Hope you got a good price...and hey, once you're happy.

type sh 5spd! its almost mint! the only thing it doesn't have that I truely wanted was AWD, but thats ok, I love my hondas..

OP - that motor consumes oil and I'm laughing my pants off over your must have list and then you bought that! Good buy though. Can't go wrong with a good condition Honda :)

I know :lol:

I've always wanted a 5thgen lude and I couldn't pass this baby up. I can turbo it later, the only thing I didn't get was AWD. But hey.. I only spent $6K :D

I got 3 out of the 4

Cheap

Reliable

Powerful!

• 2 months later...
Isn't that the truth. Recently engaged and had a road trip lined up when mine blew. Thankfully it wasn't limited by $$.

They did come in stick. That model is pretty soft ride and less raw a drive then prior models.

Just an update, this lude doesn't burn/eat/leak oil whatsoever! I do beat on it but not too much ;)

Archived