LegacyGT.com

Horn/BrakeLights

I recently purchased a 98 Legacy Wagon and noticed my horn didn't work on my home from work. I checked the owners manual for the fuse location and notice it was for both the horn and brake lights checked the brake lights and they weren't working either. The fuse is fine so im assuming its a relay so any input on how to fix this would be great also where is the relay for the horn/brake light.

there's layouts under the fusebox covers both in the bay by the battery, and under the dash, near the OBD link

The horn/brake is in the interior fuse box

or just check and see if the horn got disconnected, if you still cant get it figured out, theres a spot to plug in the horn off of the LHD headlight harness, plug it in there and see if youre getting power at all or if its just the one side

He's asking about the relay. It's under the driver's dash somewhere up there in the foot-well area, but I'm not sure exactly where. If the horn isn't honking then you should easily be able to hear the click from that relay when you press the horn button. If you can't hear the click then you know either the relay is broken, or something leading up to it is broken.

Look behind the dash, extreme left (driver's) side, above the fuse box. Pulling the lower dash panel may help.

The hot lead (coming from the fuse) should be a red/yellow (red wire with a yellow stripe). The other side of the relay coil (going to the horn switch) should be red/green. The relay output contact (going to the horns) should be red/blue.

Found it bench tested it and works, prior to bench testing I bought a relay just incase so I tried it as well still nothing. Went to double check the fuse and now I have no power -_- once a blue u will get some power to the fuse but its not constant. What else would be the problem bad fuse box???

Ok here's the update the problem was a loose connection in the plug(Grey) at the bottom of the fuse box. I used a pick to squeeze the terminal in that grey harness plug to make a tight connection and everything is good now. Thanks again

Archived