LegacyGT.com

Best transmission fluid for gas mileage

Just flushed my trans with macco systhetic fluid plus six and gas mileage dropped so i m chaning the fluid again but what is best for mpg royal purple? its an auto 2003 legacay

First off get whatever you put in there out :lol: and replace that with Subaru ATF. Secondly refer to the first :)

When I look up the owners manual for a 2003 subaru legacy L, it recommends a Dexron III automatic transmission fluid.

Amsoil says the following about the fuel efficient synthetic atf:

"AMSOIL Signature Series Fuel-Efficient Synthetic ATF is backward compatible and replaces DEXRON III fluids in older GM automatic transmissions. (DEXRON VI specification supersedes the obsolete DEXRON III in GM vehicles.)"

AMSOIL Signature Series Multi-Vehicle Synthetic ATF also claims to be Dexron III compatible, therefore it sounds like either fluid should work.

You're right, I'm tired and missed the point of this thread and its replies.

03silvertiger, what is macco synthetic fluid? Do you mean aamco? When I try to do a search for macco I come up with nothing, and aamco seems to be a car care center. I'm curious to see the specs of the ATF you're currently using.

The only thing that catches my eye about the amsoil fuel efficient synthetic atf is that it's fairly thin when cold and hot, which I guess could possibly translate to a few extra mpg's.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived