LegacyGT.com

Dyno BNR 16g! Tuned by Junior at P&L...301whp/307wtq!

Serb Legacy GT

I was just curious about how your logs would look on a virtual dyno plot.

Assuming ur car weighs over 3300 and u over 160 and the road was flat:

http://s23.postimg.org/turgy2md7/serb_GT.jpg

It corresponds with your MAF g/s...

What was the cost of the tune?

Link is here to their pricing section along with all info...http://pandlmotorsports.com/services/dyno-services/dyno-tuning-services/

Quick summary, tune with Cobb AP was $500, open source is $550, and AEM Vipec/Motec is $700...that price includes a pre-dyno inspection and you need to put down a non-refundable deposit of $100 at the time you make your appointment (in case you blow off your dyno tune session).

My wife's automatic 05 Lgt with a Bnr16g, turbo inlet, spt intake, full exhaust, fms tmic, ebc and drop in fuel pump put down 299.6 WHP.

Very nice, especially for auto.

• 1 month later...

10 days ago, I had P&L install & dyno these mods: BNR-16EVO, 740cc DW injectors & DW fuel pump, AVO airfilter & inlet hose, Perrin MAF hose, Perrin TMIC, Grimmspeed boost solenoid, Perrin ELHeaders, Grimmspeed uppipe, Invidia 3" catted downpipe; Perrin 3" mid & Y to stock mufflers.

Since I have a 5EAT, I wanted a safe, daily-driver tune with quick spool-up and best gas mileage at 3K.

Result: 288.2 WHP severly limited by the stock mufflers! (torque not available) I'm going back for a custom, P&L muffler set-up and a fresh dyno-tune by Junior.

Result: 288.2 WHP severly limited by the stock mufflers!

That sounds odd. Most have stated that stock mufflers only hold back ~2hp/20tq.

Since you will have pre-post dyno results, please your new numbers after replacing the stock mufflers.

I thought so too, but P&L said my ELH & Down pipe were glowing red hot during the pulls. The sound out the mufflers is tinny and not very low; they probably have internal rust. The abrupt transition from a full 3" exhaust to the 2.25" muffler flanges could make lot of back pressure.

After the dyno, my original front O2 sensor pooped out (probably fried) as a result of the red-hot pulls and 74,000 miles. When it was replaced, all was good!

Interesting...maybe with the ELH and dp, and 16g the exhaust has become restrictive. My understanding is if I added ELH to my current setup it could net another 20whp/20wtq. You may get a nice bump in hp and tq with an exhaust. Definitely look forward to your numbers after the retune. They're great about emailing you a dyno graph so post that bad boy here!

That sounds odd. Most have stated that stock mufflers only hold back ~2hp/20tq.

Since you will have pre-post dyno results, please your new numbers after replacing the stock mufflers.

It was always my understanding that the stock mufflers did not rob much power on any setup using the stock turbo. Once upgrading the turbo like he has with the 16g, I'd figure that a healthy set of free flowing cans will net him some better results.

• 7 months later...

July 2014 Update: P&L fabbed up SS 3" mufflers and dyno tuned it. Before they did it, they discovered I had a leaky fuel pump hose/line caused when they installed my DW65 fuel pump. This probably caused the previous red-hot headers and stumble off of low RPMs.

RESULT: 289 WHP and no stumble & no red-hot headers. Since I have a 5EAT, they didn't generate a torque chart, but HP graph is a steady, smooth climb. Driveability now is terrific with no hesitation. Therefore, I cannot say that stock mufflers are a major block to HP.

Mods: BNR-16EVO, 740cc DW injectors & DW65 fuel pump, AVO airfilter & inlet hose, Perrin MAF hose, Perrin TMIC, Grimmspeed boost solenoid, Perrin ELHeaders, Grimmspeed uppipe, Invidia 3" catted downpipe; Perrin 3" mid & Y to custom 3" in/4" out straight-thru "Streetpower" mufflers

Thanks for the follow up!

So, you netted 1 HP by replacing the stock mufflers with Stainless 3" mufflers.

Yeap, this is another strong case to show stock mufflers are not a restriction (at least under the 300 hp mark).

How does the new set up sound?

Proof right there that the stock mufflers are not a restriction at the 300 whp mark. Although you did not gain anything in terms of hp/tq, it seems like the car sounds much better and more aggressive. Sometimes the feel/experience is worth the price :)

Its good to see some other lgt tunes from P&L . They did some service & tuned my lgt wagon.

I had the car about four weeks (Im the second owner) and it just didn't run right, JR had suspected a broken ringland, so back it goes to the Subaru dealer " costly extended warranty thank you" they replaced the suspect piston (broken ringland).:cool:

I have put about 700 miles since then and the car is running great so far on the orginal tune, I plan on taking it back so Jr could touch up the tune

with four good cylinders.

• 1 month later...

Archived