LegacyGT.com

squeeky rear shock mount

Screamin

Did a search and came up empty handed.

I was going to change out my factory shock/struts this past week when I ran into an issue and had to delay the install. I alreay had the rear shocks out, and so I put them back in.

Well I haven't drove the car much in few days and discovered something on my way to work today. the right/rear shock mount squeeks over light suspension travel.

I got home today and took it apart, looked around to see why all of a sudden it's squeeking, cleaned it up again, and slapped it back in.

On my way to school it started squeeking again, but not as much.

I know for a fact it's the shock mount squeeking because laying under my car and barely pushing it car up and down with my hand it's exactly where I pin pointed the noise.

Now, why would it be doing this after taking it apart, not changing a thing, and reinstalling it? Twice in fact....

Positive. When i put on my AVO swaybar reinforcement brackets and Moog swaybar end links, I took some greese that came with my Whiteline poly swaybar bushings for up front and greased the OEM swaybar bushings out back.

I even went back and tightened everything back down.

I will be replacing the rears top mount, and rubber isolator when I throw on the KYB's.

The day I installed the reinforcement brackets, front and rear end links, front poly sway bar bushings and attempted to change out my shocks was all in the same day. I drove the car around the block a few times to listen for anything and then the car sat for a few days. On Monday is when I was driving to work and noticed the noise.

Later that day I put it up on the ramps and found out the noise is coming from the left/rear top mount. I swear to you it is not coming from the rear sway bar bushing. Laying under the car and pushing up on the chassis it is quite noticeable where the noise is coming from.

Archived