LegacyGT.com

No Axis Values in ECUflash

RallyMachine

I was getting 1.4 degrees of FBKC at high rpm and was going to go into my map and see if I could familiarize myself with editing and possibly correct the issue myself.

Unfortunately after opening the map there was no axis data on any of the maps (RPM, load, etc.) What am I doing wrong? Did the protuner lock the maps to prevent editing or what?

1191837008_NewPicture.thumb.jpg.d6917d4c5bde415315c25a7ad27b377b.jpg

Can you see the values if you open your .hex file in RomRaider ECU Editor (rather than EcuFlash)?
BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

not the program, the definitions. the ROM META data. You can download them from romraider.com

Can you see the values if you open your .hex file in RomRaider ECU Editor (rather than EcuFlash)?

It worked in RomRaider after I downloaded the ECU definitions, thanks!

Any pros or cons to using RomRaider vs. ECUflash or basically the same thing?

Romraider is a little easier to do editing tasks with, but cannot read or write to the ECU. OTOH, ECUflash has no logger, dashboard, tools for scaling injectors etc. etc. On the third hand, many parameters are defined in ECUflash long before they're available in RR definitions. With a little practice you soon learn which tool to use for which job ;)
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Best practice is imho:

Use RomRaider only for logging

Use EcuFlash only for making any changes to the ROM and flashing.

Do not save a ROM and make changes in both RomRaider ECU editor and EcuFlash. Funky things can happen....

I don't believe ECUFlash 1.29 or below works properly with the newer definitions so you're kind of SOL in that regards.... stuck with using RR ECU Editor.

So would it be kosher to just edit maps in RR and flash to the ECU with ECUflash?

Who tuned this?

Eric at IPS Motorsports in Columbus

Sure, lots of people do that, myself included.

edit: Actually, I'm not 100% sure with 1.29. I edit my ROMs using RR ECU editor, but I flash using ECUFlash 1.42.... Not sure what will happen with 1.29. Do a test write first...

If you're going to get into tuning your own car, consider stepping up to the OP2 cable so you can use the latest version of ECUflash. It's also really handy to be able to log on the fly to SD card, for when things happen that feel odd, or for making long logs to really dial in part-throttle boost control etc.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived