LegacyGT.com

Mid-Atlantic cell phone service question...

c-lo

I've been using Verizon wireless for years and have been happy with their service. The only problem I have is the spotty service I get at my house. problem is, I need to be able to use it and can't because of the crappy reception. (lack of cell phone towers around me).

My neighbor swears by Sprint and had no problems with dropped calls and can use her cell anywhere in her house.

thinking about switching to sprint. want to hear some feedback/personal experience from those who use/used Sprint.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Sprint sucks. Want my phone? :lol:

hit me up later....I can get you real network maps, not the BS marketing slicks.

that would be good. I'll hit you up later:icon_bigg

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I've been with Verizon for years...but colleagues of mine have used Sprint, and say that they're great...as long as you are on or along a major road or a major city.

In fact, one dude switched for the same reason you are. He could not get reception in his North Potomac Maryland home.

Try to update your phone. Sometimes that helps you out.

done that, will do it again:icon_wink

Sprint sucks....

I used to sell Cingular and T-Mobile service. I would suggest T-mobile... but then again service area depends on what areas you live in. The fact that I get perfect signal everywhere I go doesn't mean you will get signal in your neck of the woods.

Check out the service maps to see what provider works best for you :-)

Pretty much every cell phone company sucks.

In the DC area, Verizon is king. I've been to many areas where nobody gets reception except me and other Verizon users (Nextel was the worst by far for that - now Sprint's picked them up so there you go).

It all depends on your use. You should get the company that provides coverage to the places where you would use it most - nothing more to it than that.

My work phone is Cingular - but it's a Treo so I never know how much coverage I have (it either shows five bars or no bars... what a POS don't ever get a Treo), but even that I've been able to get Verizon coverage in areas where that phone would not.

Remeber one thing... when you subscribe with a cellular serivce, you do have a "trial period", usually 15 days, check with the cellular provider for more details on the exact period though.

Get the phone, go everywhere you normally go and test out the service. If you decide you dont' want it you can return it without being locked into the contract for a full refund.

From my experience (dating back to 1988) in selling, installing cell phones in Virginia...

1. Verizon has over all best coverage and reliable connections - hands down.

2. Sprint/Nextel - Coverage improving greatly but still spotty away from urban corridors.

3. T-Mobile & Cingular - Coverage now in third. Cingular entered Va. by buying out SunCom. SunCom had a great deal where its customers could roam on Verizon at no charge, so they had great service. Verizon recognized the potential income they were losing and opted to not renew the contract with SunCom. Cingular bought SunCom after the contract changed and had no real infrastructure in place to support the market.

A good friend working for one of the 'alphabet government agencies' had to change from Nextel to Cingular because his boss's boss's boss really wanted this cool new phone and only Cingular offered it. Now they have no cell phone service when at the office, or when he is home (just off I-95). Works ok on 95, but 2 miles away.....nothing but crickets and no service.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Ouch! I work for Sprint and we have 2 platforms for customers, iDEN (Nextel) and CDMA (Sprint PCS). The iDEN network is pretty much at capacity in the general DC area (VA & MD burbs included). CDMA is very good though. I currently use the CDMA network and so far I have not had any problems with coverage.

Carlo, hit me a PM, I might be able to save you a few pennies if you switch ;)

Glad Sprint has something to offer up north.

Burbs of Richmond, Central Va., NC.....Sprint falls on its face.

Sorry Waxiboy.

Sorta like Cingular adds that they have the least dropped calls.

That may be true, because you can't make that many to drop.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Sorta like Cingular adds that they have the least dropped calls.

That may be true, because you can't make that many to drop.

What's funny about that is I've had Verizon on my personal phone on two years.

It's dropped one (1) call. And that was because the phone reset on it's own as it sometimes does.

My new work phone is Cingular. I've had it for a month and a half. The sound quality is crap (lots of static/noise). It's dropped 3 calls so far. In the middle of conversation I hear *beep* and .. no more call.

I wonder how much they paid that "independant" company to say the things they do.

I've been using Verizon wireless for years and have been happy with their service. The only problem I have is the spotty service I get at my house. problem is, I need to be able to use it and can't because of the crappy reception. (lack of cell phone towers around me).

My neighbor swears by Sprint and had no problems with dropped calls and can use her cell anywhere in her house.

thinking about switching to sprint. want to hear some feedback/personal experience from those who use/used Sprint.

Might be your equipment, like updating software. Take your phone to local Verizon Wireless retail store and have it check out.

Call customer service, make a complaint and have a ticket open. If there are more customers with the same or similar issues then might be cell tower equipment problem(s). Or, someone falling asleep on their job. :lol:

Archived