LegacyGT.com

Verification of part numbers for UP/DP install

spacejunkiehsv

My AccessPort is on the way, and I will be replacing my stock uppipe with a gutted WRX or gutted LGT uppipe. I will also be gutting the stock "shorty" downpipe, the 2nd cat. From the "Exhuast informational" sticky, I've gathered these part numbers that I need. I'd also like to go ahead and order whatever studs I may possibly need in case of damage.

Please look over my parts list below and also give me the part number for any studs I may need. One post in the sticky suggests that the stud part number is 200910340 and that they are M10x1.25 (some length), but that doesn't look too solid.

Edit: I'd LOVE to get recommendations on the least expensive place to buy or order these parts. So far, the 4 gaskets mentioned below total to $44.27 + shipping at SubaruParts.com.

Exhaust Manifold to Uppipe Gasket

44022AA170

Uppipe to turbo Gasket

44022AA150

Turbo to Downpipe Gasket

44022AA180

Downpipe to Midpipe

44011FE000

Uppipe studs

200910340 ??????????????

Downpipe studs

200910340 (same as uppipe???)???????

You will also need exhaust manifold-cylinder head gaskets because you need to take down the manifold to pull the UP. It is easier to take the entire manifold+cross pipe as one piece by unbolting the manifolds from L&R banks.

I heard these can be reused?

You will also need exhaust manifold-cylinder head gaskets because you need to take down the manifold to pull the UP. It is easier to take the entire manifold+cross pipe as one piece by unbolting the manifolds from L&R banks.

Do I absolutely have to take down the manifold to pull the uppipe? I don't have my service manual here at work to check. It doesn't seem like I would have to, but I've not done any work under this car before. I just got mine a week ago.

Do I absolutely have to take down the manifold to pull the uppipe? I don't have my service manual here at work to check. It doesn't seem like I would have to, but I've not done any work under this car before. I just got mine a week ago.

No but it is a lot easier and not all that hard to do.

I have tried both ways; I actually prefer removing the turbo and taking outthe uppipe from above, but I appear to be the only one that does it that way :)

Yes. There is no other way to pull the UP but from the underside. Also, taking it out can be a beeeeatch. Some people unbolt the engine mount and raise the engine a couple of inches to provide more clearance. Some (like me) were able to pull it out without raising the engine. Btw, make sure you take out the EGT sensor in the UP before pulling it out.

No but it is a lot easier and not all that hard to do.

I have tried both ways; I actually prefer removing the turbo and taking outthe uppipe from above, but I appear to be the only one that does it that way :)

Someone needs to post a walk-through on turbo removal :lol:

Archived