LegacyGT.com

Front lower arm rear bushing

cantona156

shouldn't it be under warranty ? and by the way my car handles i suspect the one on the passanger side is a goner on my car too. i just did not have a chance to replace it. energy suspension sells them by the size too. just get a caliper and measure it. chancees are they will make one.

I'm not sure a spherical bearing in that location would be very good. Are we sure that it doesn't require 3 axis movement? The rubber would allow that, but the spherical bearing setup from Perrin probably does not.

Plus spherical bearings that are not closed are usually a bad idea on the street. Teflon lined or not. They should be sealed like the sti parts, or the Evo control arms.

Warren

holey shot how did that happen already. it could be from the a/c drain right their. isnt there a sti upgrade bushings?

the bearing set-up..... that bushing only needs to travel up/down with the suspention travel. less side to side flex= better. but im sure comfort will change slightly.

So how entailed is this to replace? Big job, small job? DIY'er friendly, or a shop job only? I think I have the same exact thing on both my front arms. Trouble is, I'm out of warranty, but I could swear I saw them looking like that from almost day one? I never gace it much thought.

They only cost like $7.34 ea, but I'm curious on the amount of labor involved...

So how entailed is this to replace? Big job, small job? DIY'er friendly, or a shop job only? I think I have the same exact thing on both my front arms. Trouble is, I'm out of warranty, but I could swear I saw them looking like that from almost day one? I never gace it much thought.

They only cost like $7.34 ea, but I'm curious on the amount of labor involved...

From the service manual, it seems that you require some machine to press the bushing in. I can email you the document if you can pm me your email.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I wonder if the bushing in the Spec B aluminum control arms is the same, or if it's better.

Warren

I had a talk with some of the other guys looking into that, and it seems to be the same rubber bushing, only difference is that the arm is aluminum and not steel..

As regards to your Perrin PSRS kit, yea, I am very sure it's just a 2-axis system.. best thing to do is just order some poly bushings instead and just get them pressed in to retain the 3-axis movement..

I am pretty sure Perrin claimed that their kit eliminates one of the axis to "give a better feedback" and also increases caster (as their bushings have markings for alignment?).

I think there's already 1 or 2 people that already did the Perrin PSRS kit on their cars.. I forgot who, but SEARCH is your friend.

Keefe

Does anyone knows of a polyurethane replacement for this part?

Thanks.

AFAIK, there is no poly replacement bushings, but as Keefe mentioned, there are a couple of people on here already running the Perrin spherical bushings with good results (albeit a little rougher).

Archived