LegacyGT.com

another craptastic Bill Kolb creation

http://www.bkcars.com/gxr/

"rear WIPER de-icer" is my favorite non-existant feature this time around. Just like the "vented disc brakes" the gtx was supposed to have. These people are amazing.

(the window will shake when you open it. guess that's to signify the massive power of the 2.5i)

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yep, how this guy can repeatedly get away with blatant false advertising I'll never know.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Hand crafted custom leather interior.. you mean the cheap looking fabric they reapplostered inplace of the factory leather? Ohhh 4 fabric inserts = hand crafted leather interior" ROFL..

Who the heck is this Bill Kolb dude anyways?

This is horrible but at least when you get the Sport Shift you can get, if you want it, the Air Conditiong. Whatever that is.

As far as the 30MPG. Well it is well know that increasing sidewall profile by 5 series point, the car now sports 50 series tires, increase gas mileage by 50%.

On my LGT I ride on 80series tires and get 342mpg.

http://www.bkcars.com/gxr/

"rear WIPER de-icer" is my favorite non-existant feature this time around. Just like the "vented disc brakes" the gtx was supposed to have. These people are amazing.

(the window will shake when you open it. guess that's to signify the massive power of the 2.5i)

I bet your car has vented discs just like every other Legacy GT ...and most other cars with disc brakes.

Notice, this car isn't a GTx, it is a Gxr. The 30 MPG is because it is the standard n/a boxer.

Right ... and this is a Legacy running the 2.5 liter N/A engine. Last I checked, the Legacy is heavier than my 2002 RS, running the same engine, and even at 400 miles of highway only driving, the best I ever mustered in that car was 28.3 mpg on a tank. I just can't possibly see getting 30 mpg in ... well, any Subaru!

That's gotta be a lease. Dealerships love leasing you a car because it means you will be back for another one in 2 or 3 years.

edit: So I'm confused.... what is the difference between this and a normal 2.5i? Other than getting alloy wheels, that deck spoiler thing, and fancy seats, it looks like everything else is available as factory options, no? I'd rather buy my own wheels, get my own spoiler, keep the factory seats, and not have a retarded XR painted on the back of my car.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Right ... and this is a Legacy running the 2.5 liter N/A engine. Last I checked, the Legacy is heavier than my 2002 RS, running the same engine, and even at 400 miles of highway only driving, the best I ever mustered in that car was 28.3 mpg on a tank. I just can't possibly see getting 30 mpg in ... well, any Subaru!

They are just quoting the EPA number for the 2.5i Auto, which is 30 highway. Nobody ever gets those EPA numbers in real life.

I bet your car has vented discs just like every other Legacy GT ...and most other cars with disc brakes.
Right, but they were referring to the drilled rotors when they said "vented discs". When I asked them to show me, they showed me the regular vented discs like everyone has.

Interesting ... because I've been able to do better than the EPA numbers in my car (when I've tried). I wonder if they've been able to improve significantly the mileage on the 2.5 n/a motor. :huh:

Right, but they were referring to the drilled rotors when they said "vented discs". When I asked them to show me, they showed me the regular vented discs like everyone has.

IIRC, the 2.5i models did NOT have vented rear discs, making this an upgrade.

30 MPG is extremely easy to get on an NA 2.5L Subaru. My dad's automatic 2000 Outback consistenty gets about 31 MPG, even after 105,000 miles!

Guest *Jedimaster*
I can’t wait for the spec Bx

:lol: beat me to it :lol:

Look at this-

http://www.bkcars.com/gxr/images/gxr_logo.gif

Couldn't he have made the G, instead of pulling them off a GT? :rolleyes:

Wow. That's some legal disclaimer on that site. Makes you wonder...

"Although Bill Kolb Jr Subaru attempts to provide Information that is useful, Bill Kolb Jr Subaru cannot possibly insure the accuracy of all of the Information at all times, and you should not rely on the Information in situations where its inaccuracy would cause you to suffer any significant loss. In addition to that, certain restrictions may apply to some of the offers listed on (the "Site"). " etc etc etc

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

I hate that place. they gave me such a hard time over a cel problem for about 6 weeks. They refused to listen that it came on after an oil change. Sure enough, after making a real stink about it & bitching to the Kolbs themselves & the regional SOA rep turned out to be an OCV. Imagine that, f-ckers. I tell you it comes on after an oil change & I'm having rough idle problems & that's the answer. I mean, they replaced a wire harness, cam sensor, told me it was 87 oct gas, anything to avoid doing the legwork to fix the problem. Finally got it fixed. Doubtful I'll go back there for anything again unless it's totally necessary.

Guest *Jedimaster*

Who the heck is this Bill Kolb dude anyways?

This guy is:

Department of Law

120 Broadway

New York, NY 10271

Department of Law

The State Capitol

Albany, NY 12224

For More Information:

(518) 473-5525 For Immediate Release

January 14, 2002

AUTO DEALER CITED FOR SELLING "EDDIE BAUER" LOOK-A-LIKES

Spitzer Settles Case Involves False Advertising and Deceptive Claims

Attorney General Eliot Spitzer today announced that a Rockland County auto dealer will pay restitution and civil penalties to settle allegations that it deceived consumers into thinking they were purchasing top-of-the-line sports utility vehicles. The settlement also covers allegations of false advertising by the dealership.

Bill Kolb Jr. Ford falsely advertised and sold "EB2000" model Ford Expeditions that copied the outwardly distinctive characteristics of the "Eddie Bauer" version without providing many other features which make the model desirable.

"My office is aggressively combating the many unscrupulous business tactics of auto dealers throughout the state," Spitzer said. "Dubious practices such as those discovered in this case continue to blemish the reputation of auto dealers everywhere."

The Eddie Bauer model is generally considered to be the "top-of-the-line" version of the Ford Expedition, with many standard features that are expensive options on the XL and XLT models. These include: a larger engine, leather interior, fog lamps, a captain's chair, tan trim on the doors and fenders, a higher quality sound system, illuminated running boards, and the Eddie Bauer logo affixed to the seats, fender, and tailgate.

Since 1999, Bill Kolb Jr. Ford has been advertising and selling Ford Expeditions under the name "EB 2000." These vehicles had certain dealer add-ons, such a tan striping scheme, tan wheel fender flares and an EB2000 logo, which mimicked the actual Eddie Bauer model manufactured by Ford. However, these vehicles were not authentic Eddie Bauer models and lacked many features of the authentic version.

In settling the case, Bill Kolb Jr. Ford agreed to cease marketing and selling "EB2000" or "EB2001" Expeditions.

Spitzer's office also forced Kolb to discontinue other objectionable advertising practices including:

Promising a "30 Day Money Back Guarantee" which was contradicted in fine print by restrictions on the mileage of the vehicle and the fact that the guarantee would only be given as a credit toward the purchase of another vehicle;

Advertising specific "deep discount" prices in large, bold print without adequately disclosing that an additional $5,000 down payment is required;

Comparing sale prices of used cars to the original manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) for the vehicles when they were new; and

Advertising used vehicles for sale at specific prices in a manner that left consumers unable to identify the specific vehicles that were the subject of the advertised offer.

Bill Kolb Jr. Ford also will pay restitution to consumers who were duped into buying EB2000 Expeditions and will pay $10,000 to the state in civil penalties and costs.

Individuals with complaints about auto dealers are encouraged to contact the Attorney General's consumer help line at (800) 771-7755.

This case was handled by Assistant Attorney General Doris K. Morin of the Westchester Regional Office under the supervision of Assistant Attorney General In Charge Gary Brown.

Archived