LegacyGT.com

Data Logging Results

PhilT

As many of us are now taking data readings from our cars with Tari DL or Ecu Explorer, this thread is the place to post them up for discussion and comparison.

It would be very helpful if we detailed all the mods with the results, so to compare apples to apples.

Here's a couple to get started, readings I took stock, compared to my latest set up with; Stg 2 AP, PDE UP & catless DP, Perrin pulley and K&N panel filter.

Stock.pdf

Stage 2 with pulley.pdf

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are more logs

They compare stock airbox, no resonator (intake silencer), and the zip tie mod, discussed here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22563

All runs were made at Cobb Stage One with Tari DL1, back to back within 2 or so hours...

stock1.pdf

stock2.pdf

no res1.pdf

no res2.pdf

no res3.pdf

Zip1.pdf

zip2.pdf

Zip3.pdf

Take a look at the ziptie data compare it to the resonator removed data.

The Ziptie mod shows a peak of 243.13 with with only 12.0#'s boost.

The resonator mod shows a peak 242 grams/sec but at 12.7#s boost.

I think with more learning and 12.7s# boost on the ziptie mod you'll see even more grams/sec showing up on the MAF flow.

This shows that even with less boost from the turbo you are seeing identical MAF flow. If the boost from the turbo was up to 12.7 you'd see even more airflow from the ziptie mod.

This weekend I'll try and meet up with Phil and we'll do some logging in my car.

Cheers,

Chris

Ok,..seems there are still conflicting comments on whether to take the resonator out or no (even with the resonator/air intake thread at Modification thread),...I dont think I will ziptie my KN as there really is too much dirt and warm/hot air to think about unless you do make some sort of cold air box or divider,..Not really worth the time/effort for petty hp numbers,..Id take out the resonator just for the cool sound, but only if throttle response/hp/tq are not negative or detrimental to performance and driveability,...

My opinion is that, I originally took out my resonator and have a KN filter and noticed the louder intake noise and BOV sounds,..However, throttle response with a quick accelerator pedal jab or "punching it" was not too responsive though,..Dont know if it was the ECU (pre-AP flash) slow response due to throttle-by-wire,..

So,..I put back the resonator and the throttle response seemed better,..but this is butt dyno testing,...I think Pantagonian GT commented the same observations as I did,...For me, I dont mind trying it out as it really only take about 5-10 minutes to take resonator out,..

So I maybe wrong and,...If CHRISPY's datalogging is showing better numbers,..IS taking the resonator off a good thing (I think I may screw in an aluminum sheet to cover resonator hole too)???

the MAF flow is telling you how the airflow is into the motor. The stock setup is worse than both the ziptie and resonator.

My wife didnt like how loud the ziptie mod was so I put in the cover but removed the resonator this morning

If the MAF flow is higher (average and peak) you WILL make more power once the computer learns in the increased airflow and adjusts STRIMS/LTRIMS/pulsewidth etc. MAF flow is directly proportional to HP potential. :)

Cheers,

Chris

I tried the "poor man's" cold induction this evening, not with zip ties but with duct tape, eh !

The results are not conclusive, in fact there is hardly any difference at all. MAF is the same with or without, boost is the same, EGT's the same, the only major difference is that the intake temp is much higher without the snorkal at low speeds, as we expected, but cools off to the same levels once the car gets moving.

Anyway, here are the results, see what you think.

Stage 2 V1.15 93 oct.pdf

Stage 2 V1.15 93 oct wo filter box.pdf

Nope, it has to be converted.

Because we can't attach excel files to a post, what you can do though, is change the extension to .pdf, then whoever wants to view it has to save it first, then change the extension back to xls. and open it in excel.

Like this attachment; it's really an excel file but I changed the extension to .pdf so I can attach it. If you want to view it, save it, then change the extension back to .xls

Test.pdf

Ok I see that you had a DIY intake on before. Is that the intake that you had on while you ran those numbers? Did you ever have any CEL's with it (if you had it on long enough) and was the piping surrounding the MAF the same as stock or bigger?

If anyone with a K&N typhoon can log some numbers that would be great, or better yet, I invite anybody with data logging capability to meet me somewhere in NOVA so we can test an otherwise stock car and see how the k&n does. I need someone to do it soon as I dont know how long Ill be at this current state of tune.

Chris

Ok I see that you had a DIY intake on before. Is that the intake that you had on while you ran those numbers? Did you ever have any CEL's with it (if you had it on long enough) and was the piping surrounding the MAF the same as stock or bigger?

If anyone with a K&N typhoon can log some numbers that would be great, or better yet, I invite anybody with data logging capability to meet me somewhere in NOVA so we can test an otherwise stock car and see how the k&n does. I need someone to do it soon as I dont know how long Ill be at this current state of tune.

Chris

I never hasd any CEL's, I think I read somewhere that the light comes on at 1,800 degrees.

The pipe is exactly the same diameter as stock, with the 'H' air straighteners in it too. For some reason the MAF was sensing lower g/s of air and reducing the fuel. I think the airflow was there, just not being metered, and with the reduced fuel I got the lean mixture and high EGT's.

I would love to see some logs from someone with a Perrin or a K&N, to see if they are any different than mine. No volunteers yet though.

Archived