LegacyGT.com

Romraider sees 0 boost and strange turbo noise. Related?

Va_lgt

Ok so I'm in the middle of e-tuning and I was pulling a 2nd gear log just to make sure everything was good to do a 3rd gear one and everything felt fine but when I looked back at the log from romraider I saw that the Manifold relative pressure colum go to 20 peak and then tapered to 18.5 for a few cells the dropped from 8 to 5 to 4 to 2 then to 0 by like 4500rpm. Now what's strange to me is that the car still acts completely normal.ebcs? Isn't that what feeds the ecu with the Mrp value?

And I'm not sure if its really related but there is a very strange spooling noise at the beginning of spool when you put alot of load on the motor( like 3rd gear at30-40mph and wot 4th at 40-50 mph and wot) it sounds almost like boost flutter and its metalic sounding, just strange. Ive got a video of the noise and ill post it up ASAP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, the 0 value was due to the "check valve"( that's what it looks like) in the vac line leading to the map sensor being cracked off. So I fixed that but still have the "flutter" noise

The noise is normally flutter at those rpms and speeds since the wg is doing everything possible to build boost. The easy solution is to downshift most times to put the engine/transmission in its efficiency range unless your doing it specifically for testing purposes.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Archived