LegacyGT.com

Kartboy front end links

bochuck

Those who have these installed. Did you experience the "click/pop" while turning? I realize that these don't have a torque value due to being a polyurethane bushing. Install instructions say to tighten until washer doesn't turn/move anymore and then another 1/2 turn. Never messed with poly bushings before. Do these require periodic tightening? Other than the initial re-torque/tighten maintenance after the first 100 miles? I noticed that the front links are slightly angled from the swaybar down to the control arm mount. Is that normal? The rear ones are completely vertical.

VF-52 and all associated bits tuned by Tuning Alliance.

:cool:

No. The car is not lowered. Here is a pic with the car on the ground.(not jacked up). First pic is passenger side. Second pic is drivers side.

DSC_0020.thumb.JPG.b60445755039bcdc9c8a7b2ac0458e4e.JPG

DSC_0023.thumb.JPG.18f085e65ecd2ba341b68112705d62c8.JPG

The proper spacers are only around 6 bucks shipped. The local hardware store(Home Depot) over charges for simple stuff like that. Gonna be raining here for the foreseeable future. Enough time for the proper equipment to arrive. Just won't drive it. Owning more than 1 car FTW. :)

I used spacers (mine came with them from the Infamous GB when I ordered F/R) and no sounds emanating from that area. I used pictures from M Sprank when he was working on LALGT's "Spiderpig" for visual aid as to where to place the spacers and it's been worry free!

Looks like he only needed one spacer per link. Since I am using a whiteline sway with the kartboys, I am wondering if I am going to need one on the top and the bottom. Opposite sides of course.

Those end links DEFINITELY need spacers installed

They are supposed to be pretty much straight up and down.

Now wonder you have noise LOL

The reason spacers are needed is some sway bars are short side to side.

I think on kartboys website it even mentions them being for white line bars or something like that.

Yeah. The spacers have been shipped my way already. When I bought this setup I didn't buy from the Kartboy website. That tidbit of info went undiscovered on my side. Just a bit of waiting now.

Archived