LegacyGT.com

emergency coolant + how to get your own codes

I have an 07 legacy gt, (91k), check engine light came on, I couldnt find how to read your own codes on the dash, and if I did it didnt work on my subi.

but yeah i got a blinking S and cruise light while the CEL light is on. not really trying to drive it to autozone so I am wondering how i can

check the codes myself.

plus i noticed the the coolant in the white plastic reservoir is empty....

so i know you need some subaru coolant and conditioner,

i am wondering if i can just put something in the reservoir for the time being, note; when i unscrewed the radiator cap there was green

liquid in there.

thanks;)

I use Prestone or Peak anti-freeze in both my cars. Just get the gallon of pre-mix or if you have a empty gallon jug, buy the straight anti-freeze for any car and mix your own 50/50.

I have two gallons of new Prestone in the shed, just in case.

I gave the shop all the Peak Global I had when they replced the water pump the other week.

That's what's in my wagon right now.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

stating where you are sometimes helps locals to volunteer to help. I for example, were you local to me, would scan your ecu (bluetooth elm scanner with obdii app) on my phone, tell you the code and our cleared the ecu for you. Just a thought. Update profile.

pretty sure only the 05' have built in code reader

frank-ster

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Archived