LegacyGT.com

Any source for GT Wagon lowering springs with stock spring rates?

Currently running stock springs with fresh stock struts and front 20mm stock bar/rear outback 18mm bar. Bars are fitted with new prothane bushings and fresh stock end links.

Suspension is taught, with no clunks or rattles, and the ride quality is quite nice.

It does sit a bit high. A 1.5" drop would certainly look better.

Can anyone give me a source for lowering springs that will stay close to the stock wagon spring rates?

First post for me!!

Currently running stock springs with fresh stock struts and front 20mm stock bar/rear outback 18mm bar. Bars are fitted with new prothane bushings and fresh stock end links.

Suspension is taught, with no clunks or rattles, and the ride quality is quite nice.

It does sit a bit high. A 1.5" drop would certainly look better.

Can anyone give me a source for lowering springs that will stay close to the stock wagon spring rates?

First post for me!!

wrx wagon springs. 02-07 I believe.

1.5" is more of a drop than people think, id say the OEM wrx springs go down mayyybe .5"

^ that it is, I thought I wanted that much of a drop until a guy I know here put h+r's on his 98 ls it brought his 17's pretty close to the wheel opening. He has 5mm spacers in there too though. I like adjustability.

No. WRX rear struts range from between 119 lbs/in and 144 lbs/in. That's quite a large difference. It also will cause the rear of the wagon to sit much too low. The front WRX springs are all 163 lbs/in (up from 132 lbs/in on your car currently) and will drop the front around 0.5" and the rear will need 3/8" spacers to bring it back up and even the height out. This will dramatically change the handling of your car.. For the worse in my opinion...

Now, for the big problem... You can't put any rear WRX springs on OE Legacy rear struts. The spring is too wide. Fronts are only 2mm wider and might fit.

Also, you'll have to match rear springs to top hats of the same year (02/03 springs to 02/03 top hats and 04-07 springs with 04-07 top hats). You can mismatch springs to any year WRX strut from 02-07. Also, to keep the camber and all alignments as close to the Legacy as possible, it is optimal to use WAGON struts from a WRX.

There really isn't a combination from another car or generation that works REALLY well with the Wagon.

H&R no longer makes wagon specific springs. Nor does anyone else I can find

Eibach for the WRX looks pretty good in regards to spring rate, but requires the strut swap too...

Sticking with my solid stock suspension is looking better all the time:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You won't find anything...

Alright.... So... What you're considering DD spring rated are actually quite low. The average sporty DD car these days has around 200 plus lb/in at least, in the rear. Tein's H-Techs for WRX struts will give you a brilliantly smooth ride with plenty of sportiness to the handling. Stock WRX springs are WAY too soft.

Archived